Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler Shut Down

Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Chrysler Shut Down

Anyone know how long the plant is going to be shut down for? I found out that my Jeep is on the production line, which I don't know why that is. I ordered it on April 13th. My sales guy said it's in the (D1) spot on the line, anyone know what that is?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adoornbosc
Anyone know how long the plant is going to be shut down for? I found out that my Jeep is on the production line, which I don't know why that is. I ordered it on April 13th. My sales guy said it's in the (D1) spot on the line, anyone know what that is?
I do not think even Chrysler knows for sure when they will go back in production, though I saw someone say its closing plant for a month but with the bankruptcy I bet a lot can happen to change that. here are the codes and what they mean, they are in the stick at the top of this section

ORDER STATUS CODES

BB - review by fleet department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL - edit ok parts unavailable
BX - passed edit available for schedule
C - sub firm
D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZO - delayed/recieved
KZOA - plant holds
KZOB - zone/distribution holds
KZOC - carrier delays
KZOD - carrier holds
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF - show/test vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle
KZOH - all other reasons
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled

SO ITS NOT BEING BUILT YET, I would seriously look around or have the dealer look for something that is close to what your ordered, you could be waiting a long time

Last edited by tkob1060; 05-12-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

He lied to me, I'm going to call him. Thanks tfob1060 for your help with the codes.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Rubi for X do it man DO IT
Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

All orders are in D-1 status, yes they're going to be built just not anytime soon. The dealer here said anywhere from one month to three months depending on how the bankruptcy and selling to Fiat goes. At this point the dealership's looking around for an equivilent JK for me as we speak.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why don't you try to find a used or one that is on the lot right now? I got my '07 Sahara UNL in Jan. with only 8000 miles on it for about $8000 less than stealership had new for. I paid $20K
Old 05-12-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Better to be in D status than anywhere else right now. If your unit was stuck on the line, it would be sitting under a greasy chain getting dripped on.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I'm sorry. I think the others are right about the wait. Try the search on the Jeep website to see if you can find what you want -- sometimes the dealers don't know how to do that for some reason. Your dealer might be able to do a trade with wherever you find one.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISLANDJEEPJK
Why don't you try to find a used or one that is on the lot right now? I got my '07 Sahara UNL in Jan. with only 8000 miles on it for about $8000 less than stealership had new for. I paid $20K
x2 on the used. I got my used 07 X for $12k with a $2k trade in and 10k miles on it. I've spent maybe 2k on it and it's a little less than halfway to my first level of completion (nearly Rubi quality).
Old 05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

He lied to me, I'm going to call him. Thanks tfob1060 for your help with the codes.
It's possible that he didn't so much Lie as just Ignorant as to what "D-1" means . That and being depressed over the possibility of losing his only sale of the month.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Shut Down