Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bajabrad
love my jk 4800 mi on it already,looking to put front bumber on next and then some.Attachment 340635
If you don't mind post some pics of that bumper and if you get a winch etc... I'm still shopping for one and haven't figured out what I want yet... so I'm open to ideas.

Nice rig by the way!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NewOldSchool
Here my Crush,
4 inch lift,
Front bumper Smittybuild (added fog, just forgot to get a pic)
light bar
grill mod
17inch rims on 33 inch Mud terrains
Blacked out jeep logo (Old photo,not shown)
and a few other things added in the interior..

Things to come
Winch
48inch LED lightbar
Rear bumper with tire carrier..
Just have to give the wallet a rest... lol.

loving it so far, more power then my '08 2 door and much roomier. The family loves it.

Attachment 340640
When you added fogs was there a kit to reincorporate them to the bumper? Also... did you have issues fitting the Smittybuilt to the front end? I've heard some war stories of holes not aligning... some drilling or enlargening of holes required etc...
Old 07-13-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

Default 8k MAX not Min.

Originally Posted by NCC-2893
3500 on mine and loving it. BTW, the oil light on mine just kicked in, don't the new pentastars run about 8000 before a change?
Under the most ideal conditions the engine will get 8k before an oil change. The Oil light is demand driven not mileage driven. Which is to say depending on driving condition (street, highway, offroad, etc) the engine light will come on sooner than 8k.

So knowing that 8k is under ideal conditions only, and my innate paranoia of all things electronic I will be changing my oil every 3mo, 5k, or oil light; whichever comes first. (5k because this is the mileage rating of most oils)
Old 07-13-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Talking More than 15mpg?

Originally Posted by PA RUBICON
Attachment 338618

about 7k miles now on the arctic. no major issues. some water leaks here and there, but dealer has made good. getting about 19.6 MPG.

installed the rampage grill insert. (great product) and added the corbeau grab handles. love the power increase over the 3.8
19.6!
I haven't gotten above 15 ever. My commute is almost all street miles and a number of hills, plus I am running the 4.1 gears on stock 32s with an Auto tranny and 5100 miles on the odo. (Apparently full mpg and performance is programmed out until the odo passes 5k so until now I haven't whined).

Ok I know you have a 2012 and an auto tranny. What size tires, and gears are you running?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default I see my future!

Originally Posted by KSRubicon
I traded in my 2009 2dr Rubicon for this one. I just wanted more space with the 4dr and the new engine. This weekend the bumper and winch go on!!! So far I've got the AEV 4.5" Dualsport lift, 37" MTR Kevs, Elka Remote Res Shocks, 5.13 gears and the front axle has been made much stronger with chromoly axle shafts, 1/4" chromoly axle sleeves and the Teraflex C-gussets. Rear locker is next in line after the bumper/winch go on. Love my 2012!!!!

Attachment 339925
Sweet your Jeep is mostly what I'm shooting for on my own rig. I gotta ask how are the MTRs? And if you commute/highway what is your average mpg?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rrcross
19.6!
I haven't gotten above 15 ever. My commute is almost all street miles and a number of hills, plus I am running the 4.1 gears on stock 32s with an Auto tranny and 5100 miles on the odo. (Apparently full mpg and performance is programmed out until the odo passes 5k so until now I haven't whined).

Ok I know you have a 2012 and an auto tranny. What size tires, and gears are you running?
I drove from Houston to Florida last week and went 70 mph there and 75 mph back.

I got 19.5 avg going and 18.5 coming.

Stock Rubicon Unlimited 4.10s, 6-spd manual, and Goodyear DT 33x12.5r15
Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got about 2400 miles on mine now... last couple of tank full of gas have averaged from 18.4mpg to almost 19mpg. Thats with a combined street and freeway driving (no offroad heavy use driving). I will say that just prior to the last two tanks I installed a K&N airfilter replacement for the stock filter. I'm still running the stock tires, no lift, and manual transmission etc...
Old 07-13-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got a JK Sport back in April and I'm fast approaching 8k in miles. I've got an air raid CAI on the way and soon after that I'm doing a new exhaust, (I'm a truck convert) and I kinda miss that rumble so that's what's next after the CAI. And after that it's a total front to back modification, lift kit, tires, front and rear bumper etc...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1430453126.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	340823  
Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phil68w
I got a JK Sport back in April and I'm fast approaching 8k in miles. I've got an air raid CAI on the way and soon after that I'm doing a new exhaust, (I'm a truck convert) and I kinda miss that rumble so that's what's next after the CAI. And after that it's a total front to back modification, lift kit, tires, front and rear bumper etc...
How's that air raid CAI working for you? I too had a truck before (Nissan Titan) with one of their Nismo CAI and loved it. I was curious if you saw any MPG gains besides power etc...

I'm interested in the exhaust project too... keep us informed!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maverick17

How's that air raid CAI working for you? I too had a truck before (Nissan Titan) with one of their Nismo CAI and loved it. I was curious if you saw any MPG gains besides power etc...

I'm interested in the exhaust project too... keep us informed!
It's actually back ordered, so I've got another three weeks worth of waiting. A friend of mine has an air rad in his JKU and he saw a little gain but not much, but he also drives his like he stole and wheels every weekend. Which hopefully once everything on my laundry list is complete I will do the same.

Quick Reply: Class of 2012