Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Clock Spring bad in 2008 JK

Old 05-08-2015, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clock Spring bad in 2008 JK

So I am yet another person that has had my clock spring in my 2008 wrangler go bad and setting off the dash light. I hate this about auto companies and I am kind of dissapointed that Jeep hasn't done more about it. They took care of the 2007 but I have a feeling not enough people have reported it to safercar.gov to get this a recall on more model years. So I purchased a new clock spring and plan to install it on my day off. I would much rather be putting new toys on my Jeep than repairing something Jeep fails to deem necessary to fix themselves. Long story short. If you have had your clock spring go bad in any vehicle or really anything that could cause a safety concern in any vehicle you have. Do yourself and everyone a favor and take a couple minutes to report it to NHTSA that way we dont have to come out of pocket for things like this. I would have much rather spent $200 and an hour of my time installing a new upgrade than doing a repair.

Rant over.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea mine went bad in my 2010. I covered the light to get it inspected last year but since no recall I will need to fix it before I need another inspection. I hate to have to fix safety crap that is required out of my pocket.

Quick Reply: Clock Spring bad in 2008 JK