Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Clover Patch Window Roll question

Old 04-20-2007, 09:45 AM
nextreme

Default Clover Patch Window Roll question

Hey there,

I have one of these being delivered today just in time for the first wicked weekend this year, http://www.theweathernetwork.ca/weat...s/CAON0119.htm

Can anyone who has one of these for the JK tell me if you have to remove the rear bar from the back window before putting it in the bag or can you just leave it together?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure you can put it in the roll with the bar attached. But if you want, removing the tailgate bar is simple, all you do is slide it out.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Included instructions....

...suggest to remove it but can be stored within the bag.

The instruction sheet details it out but I've not tried it still attached or doing other than what the instructions lay out.

Unlike what I have done for most other things, I heard that the windows scratch and deteriorate rapidly unless well cared for so I have tried to actually follow the included instructions!

Of course, I will probably find a way to have the entire bag fly out of the vehicle in motion and have several vehicles drive over them - but at least this time I followed the included instructions!

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2007, 02:49 AM
JK Newbie

Edited........... my reply pertained to an '04 TJ and apparently was n ot correct for an '07 JK and the Clover Roll.

Last edited by BILLARF; 04-21-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used my JK Clover Patch last night for the first time. Instructions say to remove the bar from the rear window. You can store it in the bag with the rolled felt/windows. Or you can just leave it on the Jeep.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

most people i've seen put it back in the slots on the tailgate after taking it out of the window
Old 04-21-2007, 02:32 PM
nextreme

Thanks guys. I followed the instructions and took the bar off but put it in the roll. One thing about the roll is you need a massive clean spot to roll up the windows.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by nextreme
Thanks guys. I followed the instructions and took the bar off but put it in the roll. One thing about the roll is you need a massive clean spot to roll up the windows.
yeah, I noticed that too! I lay it on the top of the jeep, (top still up) and stand on the rear bumper. and roll...
Old 04-21-2007, 02:37 PM
nextreme

I never thought of using the roof, good idea.

Last edited by nextreme; 04-21-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nextreme
I never thought of using the roof, good idea.

i was going to suggest the same thing... the instructions say that if you can't find a clean space, use the hood. problem with that, is that it's not big enough, and the tie down and rubber bumpers for the windshield are in the way.

besides, i don't think you need a super clean area to roll it up... the windows are in between the sheets after all.

enjoy

oh, and superhoo... GO TERPS... see you guys for our homecoming 10/20/07. can't wait for tailgating season with the new tailgate

Quick Reply: Clover Patch Window Roll question