Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Clutch Squeak!!!!!! Read this!

Old 09-14-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Clutch Squeak!!!!!! Read this!

ok if your JK has a clutch squeak get it fixed!
i noticed mine about 2 month ago but just thought it was normal. was a tiny,tiny chirp when the clutch was depressed.

Took my JK on a run, and guess what broke! yup the clutch!

Apparently when i was coming down a small hill, one of the springs in the pressure plate popped out,,,,,,and trashed the whole clutch assembly and hydraulics.

Thank god i trailered my jeep, so she got home. took 3 weeks to get it fixed.

now with the new clutch it is totally different and better! so read the threads on the squeaks and take it in. trust me.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Never heard about such thing
Old 09-15-2008, 03:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I've had that squeak for over a year and have been wheeling at Sedona, Moab and Disney with it. After all the horror stories I've read here, I don't trust the dealership to fix it properly. So, I won't be rushing off to have mine fixed. Anyway, I don't think it's covered under my warranty anymore.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:02 AM
JK Super Freak

v interesting

but you should put a poll in here

how many jks squeek and trail with no issues

how many jks squeek and trail and had the clutch fail

how many jks have had the tsb done trailed and had their clutch fail still
Old 09-15-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had the squeek as long as I have owned my Rubi but have been putting off the TSB replacement in fear of other issues coming up with people that have had it done. This is the first I heard of anyone having the clutch fail. Has anyone else had this happen? My 12 months are up on the 18th I guess I better take it in.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Im slightly confused with what a TSB actually is. Is it basically a recall. I have the noise and i want to get it fixed. But since im lifted already will that give them reason to tell me to go away pretty much?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

how many jks squeek and trail with no issues

I fall under this category
Old 09-15-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

My clutch chirps while driving regularly on the road usually as I release it going into 2nd and 3rd gears, then it's cool. I only have 7K miles on it
Old 09-15-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

i got mine fixed for chip, came back 5k miles later but not as bad, im at the point where i dont care anymore but i should!!!! damm jeeps
Old 09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by -MAW-
how many jks have had the tsb done trailed and had their clutch fail still
Count me in on this one...well, not the clutch, but they didn't re-attach the transfer case linkage right and it came loose while about 3 miles off the road and I had to have my buddy tow me out with his JK.

Originally Posted by hyatt147
Im slightly confused with what a TSB actually is. Is it basically a recall. I have the noise and i want to get it fixed. But since im lifted already will that give them reason to tell me to go away pretty much?
It's not a recall, it just tells them what to look for pretty much. If you take it in and say that you're clutch squeaks when you shift, they'll drive it to confirm what you said, and then do the TSB for the clutch disc replacement....it's like a cheat sheet for them, so to speak. And the lift won't matter, that has nothing to do with the clutch squeaking and they can't hassle you about it being lifted unless the lift directly causes something to break.

Quick Reply: Clutch Squeak!!!!!! Read this!