Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

CNNNX321AC Fuel Overflow Dealer Experience

Old 09-25-2014, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CNNNX321AC Fuel Overflow Dealer Experience

So after my last interaction with the dealer, I marvel at the uniqueness of their business model and reinforce my desire to avoid it. So for an absurd comparison I present my interaction as if it were a restaurant.

I noticed I was hungry and knew from research I had to have eggs to fix the hunger.
I called the restaurant to make a reservation. I told them I will want eggs for my breakfast. I told them I had a coupon from the egg farm.
Restaurant: Sure no problem we can get you in next week.
Me: I know I want eggs and want to make sure you have them.
Restaurant: Yes I am sure we do. We will see you when you come in.
So at the appointed time I go to the restaurant. I get to meet with the waiter.
Waiter: So you are hungry and want breakfast.
Me: Actually I know I want eggs and I have a coupon from the egg farm.
Waiter: Well our food is rarely free and I doubt this will be. We are not sure you want eggs but we will check in to it.
Me: No really this is free from the farm. Do you need me to show you the info on my phone? I can look it up for you.
Waiter: No no we can look it up. Here is your pager. We will let you know when your food is ready.
1 hour passes and my pager goes off.
Waiter: Good news! You can have eggs! We found your coupon and your eggs will be free as you said. We have ordered the eggs from the farm and will let you know when they come in.
Me: What? You take up 2 hours of my day and end up telling me what I tried to tell you on the phone AND when I arrived this morning? And you don’t even have eggs here?
Waiter: We will call you when the eggs get here.
3 days pass and I get a call that the eggs have arrived and I then make another reservation for 2 more weeks away. I am getting a little hungry now.
I again go to the restaurant.
Waiter: Here is your pager. We should have your eggs done in about an hour.
After an hour my pager goes off and I decide to get my eggs to go.
Waiter: You are all set. You may get a survey from the egg farm. If you do, please rate us a 10 because anything lower is a failure for us. You are just rating me and not the cooks or the egg farm. Thanks.
So on my way home I stop to eat my eggs at the gas station. Well the eggs were only half cooked and not yet edible.
So when I get home I call the restaurant again.
Waiter: Can you come back again and bring the eggs back today or tomorrow? We can take a look at the eggs and maybe cook the eggs or maybe get you new ones.
Me: Please do not make this meal 4 trips to the restaurant just so I can eat 2 eggs. If I come back the 3rd time you need to have more eggs in stock so I can actually eat during that visit.
Waiter: Oh we can’t do that. If the eggs are bad, we need to have those back before we can get new eggs under warrantee from the farm.
Me: Just order some eggs. They are very low cost. I am not making a 4th trip. I should have been able to eat eggs on my first visit!
Waiter: I am not authorized to order more eggs. Would you like you talk to our manager?
Me: Yes. Have a manger call me. Thanks.
Later that day after work I decide to check the eggs myself. After carefully examining the eggs I figure out I can finish cooking them myself. It only took about 20 minutes to do it.
I never yet have received a call from the manager. But I did get a message from a hostess saying my new eggs were in and I could now schedule my next trip to the restaurant.

So my advice to anybody needing their fuel filler neck replaced- order the $32 part from the internet and install it yourself. And check the orientation of the internal valve before installing it.
You would not go to a restaurant that did business like this- so- BUY and COOK Your OWN EGGS!
If I do get a survey from the farm you can guess what I will tell them.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm so glad my neighbors have chickens.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:55 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-05-2014, 06:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKRio
So after my last interaction with the dealer, I marvel at the uniqueness of their business model and reinforce my desire to avoid it. So for an absurd comparison I present my interaction as if it were a restaurant. I noticed I was hungry and knew from research I had to have eggs to fix the hunger. I called the restaurant to make a reservation. I told them I will want eggs for my breakfast. I told them I had a coupon from the egg farm. Restaurant: Sure no problem we can get you in next week. Me: I know I want eggs and want to make sure you have them. Restaurant: Yes I am sure we do. We will see you when you come in. So at the appointed time I go to the restaurant. I get to meet with the waiter. Waiter: So you are hungry and want breakfast. Me: Actually I know I want eggs and I have a coupon from the egg farm. Waiter: Well our food is rarely free and I doubt this will be. We are not sure you want eggs but we will check in to it. Me: No really this is free from the farm. Do you need me to show you the info on my phone? I can look it up for you. Waiter: No no we can look it up. Here is your pager. We will let you know when your food is ready. 1 hour passes and my pager goes off. Waiter: Good news! You can have eggs! We found your coupon and your eggs will be free as you said. We have ordered the eggs from the farm and will let you know when they come in. Me: What? You take up 2 hours of my day and end up telling me what I tried to tell you on the phone AND when I arrived this morning? And you don’t even have eggs here? Waiter: We will call you when the eggs get here. 3 days pass and I get a call that the eggs have arrived and I then make another reservation for 2 more weeks away. I am getting a little hungry now. I again go to the restaurant. Waiter: Here is your pager. We should have your eggs done in about an hour. After an hour my pager goes off and I decide to get my eggs to go. Waiter: You are all set. You may get a survey from the egg farm. If you do, please rate us a 10 because anything lower is a failure for us. You are just rating me and not the cooks or the egg farm. Thanks. So on my way home I stop to eat my eggs at the gas station. Well the eggs were only half cooked and not yet edible. So when I get home I call the restaurant again. Waiter: Can you come back again and bring the eggs back today or tomorrow? We can take a look at the eggs and maybe cook the eggs or maybe get you new ones. Me: Please do not make this meal 4 trips to the restaurant just so I can eat 2 eggs. If I come back the 3rd time you need to have more eggs in stock so I can actually eat during that visit. Waiter: Oh we can’t do that. If the eggs are bad, we need to have those back before we can get new eggs under warrantee from the farm. Me: Just order some eggs. They are very low cost. I am not making a 4th trip. I should have been able to eat eggs on my first visit! Waiter: I am not authorized to order more eggs. Would you like you talk to our manager? Me: Yes. Have a manger call me. Thanks. Later that day after work I decide to check the eggs myself. After carefully examining the eggs I figure out I can finish cooking them myself. It only took about 20 minutes to do it. I never yet have received a call from the manager. But I did get a message from a hostess saying my new eggs were in and I could now schedule my next trip to the restaurant. So my advice to anybody needing their fuel filler neck replaced- order the $32 part from the internet and install it yourself. And check the orientation of the internal valve before installing it. You would not go to a restaurant that did business like this- so- BUY and COOK Your OWN EGGS! If I do get a survey from the farm you can guess what I will tell them.
you lost me at the reservation part. I don't know what this is all about, but I'm over it.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mmmm waffle house
Old 10-09-2014, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found this hilarious!!! I had the same experience!!!! Brought the Jeep in for the over spill. They take a day to look at it. "Yup, this is a Jeep. Let's order a new gas tank." I pick it up. Then they call me when the new tank comes in. Drop it off, pick it up. Two fuel fills later, same problem. Gas pouring out of the fill neck. I wisely decided not to go back to the dealer. $32 for the CORRECT part was worth spending to NOT have to go to the dealer twice and argue with them. Took 10 minutes and the problem never happened again.

Lesson - we collectively know more about our vehicles than the dealerships so there is no need to waste your time.

I had a recall notice for the soft top. Bring it in. "Yup, this is a Jeep and it is within the years of the recall for the soft top. I guess we can order the part now." Idiots!!! I told them I was coming in for the soft top recall.

Quick Reply: CNNNX321AC Fuel Overflow Dealer Experience