Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cold Weather = Jk not staying in gear.?.?.?.?

Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve&2jc's
As odd as this may sound I bet it's because the plastic shifter boot as cold and stiff. I think there was talk about this last winter and I also had it happen to me. Does it go away once everything is all nice and warm?
Yes, this is the problem. Mine did it to me a ton last year after the third trip to the dealer they took out the inner shift boot. Its annouying and does nothing, the rubber one is the one you see. After they did that no more problem.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try some synthetic fluid...

Not that I have a manual JK but in my past vehicles, synthetic (amsoil) made it easier to shift into gears.. so it seemed anyway
Old 11-27-2007, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I intend on having it looked at along with some other issues. This may have something to do with what sounds like gear grinding with the clutch all the way to the floor. I am wondering if the gear mesh is off? I guess that is what a warranty is for...

Quick Reply: Cold Weather = Jk not staying in gear.?.?.?.?