Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cooper Discoverer AT3 18"

Old 05-31-2017, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cooper Discoverer AT3 18"

Hey all-

Just real quick, I just replaced the Sahara-type Bridgestone Dueler 255/70R18 tires with Cooper Discoverer AT3 in 265/70R18. This is the biggest size you can get for the 18" wheels without going to the LT (E load) tire (which I absolutely didn't want to do).

By all calculations these should only be slightly larger if at all but they are noticeably bigger and required an extra inch of height from the Flashcal to get the speedo correct. Bridgestone says the Dueler are 32.1" and Cooper says the AT3 is 32.6" but they are more than 1/2" larger, I think they are an inch bigger at least.

No rubbing. I have a 3/4" front spacer and no lift in the rear, stock Sahara 18" wheels. They look and fit great. Only driven 12 miles on them so far so no report on anything besides fit.

BTW I was trying to solve a severe wet pavement traction problem with the Bridgestones. The Cooper AT3 are reportedly the best AT tires for wet traction.

Quick Reply: Cooper Discoverer AT3 18"