Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

A couple of Ideas: Anyone done em yet?

Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of Ideas: Anyone done em yet?

I have a couple of ideas for hard top modifications for the 4 dr JK unlimited. Wondering if any one else has thought of these?

Idea number 1: I would like to have a 1 piece freedom top instead of the two piece. Then, I'd like to take a sawzall to it and cut out a large section of the center and replace it with lexan.. Kind of a permenant sun roof.

Idea number 2: A modification to the rear portion of the hard top so that it ends just behind the rear seat. Then fab. a bulk head to close off the lower portion. The results would be a hard top covering the passenger section and a small truck bed behind the cab. I know there would have to be roll bar modification, but that would be ok.

If I was any good with photo shop, I would try to create it. Anybody on here know how to do that?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

I know there was a rumor that they were comming out with a freedom top similar to what you are describing only it was 2 peices. There is a thread somewhere around here about it.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

I saw this item last week.

http://www.wadeauto.com/application.asp?ProdID=38

Last edited by Robar; 03-16-2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS

Quick Reply: A couple of Ideas: Anyone done em yet?