Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

A dad moment

Old 05-17-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great!!!

This is awesome!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great story....hope that you have many more. Very similar experiences with my girls.

First time I took my girls in the jeep they were 7 and 4 - they told their mother that we almost died going over a little ridge and never wanted to go out again. Now they are 12 and 9 and think the jeep is the coolest car we have...even beats out the vette. They can't wait for the sun to come out and the top to come off and get outside.

I hope all of us father's get to have these moments, and all of our children pass it on...
Old 05-17-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, I forgot to mention, since 4 yr's old... "it's not a car, it's a jeep". Like a sponge!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

great story and surely many more to come....

this summer I am taking my dad to Colorado and doing the mtn passes we always turned around on because we had a car.... Datsun 510 .... (now Nissan)

My kids still love to go out doing things like this... makes one feel like one did good..

also thanks for you service..
Old 05-17-2011, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

great story! brought a tear to my eye...
Old 05-18-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

Congrats on the great trip. That moment will stay with you forever. My kids are soon to be 17 and 19, and I find myself remembering some of the awsome times we had in the past.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome!! I look forward to those with my son!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

That was a great story, gotta love those father moments.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ragnar JK
Great story....hope that you have many more. Very similar experiences with my girls.

First time I took my girls in the jeep they were 7 and 4 - they told their mother that we almost died going over a little ridge and never wanted to go out again. Now they are 12 and 9 and think the jeep is the coolest car we have...even beats out the vette. They can't wait for the sun to come out and the top to come off and get outside.

I hope all of us father's get to have these moments, and all of our children pass it on...
Thats funny, telling mom we almost died. That reminds me of my daughter and somthing she would tell her mom. Gotta love these little guys and their little personalities.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

As soon as we jump in the jeep to go somewhere my 4yr old son will ask to drive home from our mailbox. Our mailbox is at the road that is about 2 miles down. So everytime we come home he drives(in my lap) and the first thing he does is turn the steering wheel either hard right or hard left to hit the ruts, dirt, bumps whatever. One time it was a little late and he jumped in my lap and I said son you need to stay on the road this time, and he looked at me and I kid you not, he said but dad its a jeep we dont need to stay on the road. my wife and I cracked up for a couple of minutes. He has a Oklahoma Sooners shirt that says "Short them Young, Raise them Right" or something like that, and I have applied that to Jeeps.

Quick Reply: A dad moment