Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

daily driving with swaybar disconnected.............

Old 04-18-2010, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daily driving with swaybar disconnected.............

i've been driving for a couple of days with my swaybar disconnected just to see how the jeep would act. other than the front end squatting a little bit around curves / corners, i really don't see a big difference. i think i could just leave it disconnected all of the time. can this cause any type of damage to my jeep, or is there any legitimate reason why i shouldn't do this??
Old 04-18-2010, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

you may roll over a lot easier if you had to turn quickly to avoid something.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Under normal driving conditions it should be fine. I know several people with x's and they leave their jeeps disconnected when they know they are going on several runs close together. Just watch out on the corners and you should be OK.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I see a big black jk rolled on hwy 190, I'll know what happened.

With the way some of the assholes drive around here , cutting out in front of ya and stuff, I wouldn't leave it like that. They're there for a purpose.

Last edited by mkjeep; 04-18-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine off for a week now, no big deal. Just haven't gotten around to re-connecting. Whenever I go to Moab, I disconnect once when I get there and don't reconnect until were packed up and ready to go.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cpray
i've been driving for a couple of days with my swaybar disconnected just to see how the jeep would act. other than the front end squatting a little bit around curves / corners, i really don't see a big difference. i think i could just leave it disconnected all of the time. can this cause any type of damage to my jeep, or is there any legitimate reason why i shouldn't do this??

Hi Mate,
Please dont do it as ur insurance will not cover you in case of a crash. Also you will be held liable for damage to the other vehicles included. They will term it as illegal tempering with suspension.

Mani
Old 04-18-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by White Widow
you may roll over a lot easier if you had to turn quickly to avoid something.
Originally Posted by mkjeep
If I see a big black jk rolled on hwy 190, I'll know what happened.

With the way some of the assholes drive around here , cutting out in front of ya and stuff, I wouldn't leave it like that. They're there for a purpose.
Originally Posted by trbn8r
Hi Mate,
Please dont do it as ur insurance will not cover you in case of a crash. Also you will be held liable for damage to the other vehicles included. They will term it as illegal tempering with suspension.

Mani
Didn't you guys read the reset of the thread? People said they drive around disconnected and have no problem. That must mean it's alright to do it.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Didn't you guys read the reset of the thread? People said they drive around disconnected and have no problem. That must mean it's alright to do it.

Quick disco manf. are gonna go outta business once everybody finds out.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Junkie

Do us a favor. Put back the sway bar links. Disconnected, you could kill innocent people

BTW This thread is not funny

Last edited by Yoda; 04-19-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cpray
One very simple reason... Wranglers handle bad enough, why make it worse by driving with the sway bar links detached? Sway bars are there for several technical reasons, but suffice to say that when the factory states that you should not drive on the street with the sway bar disconnected, it's not merely a suggestion.

My regards,

Widewing

Quick Reply: daily driving with swaybar disconnected.............