Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Daimler may keep Jeep but sell Chrysler

Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
**Ehhhhnntttt** [buzzer] - We're sorry, but that is not the correct answer.

From DCX's own website, regarding stockholders:
"DaimlerChrysler stockholders are located equally in the United States (44 percent) and Europe (44 percent)."

So, you're only half-right, or half-wrong... techically, they're 1/2 German-owned.
So who owns the other 12%?

Well all we can say is at least the wranglers are still being MADE in america, and at least there are still the cj's, Yj's, and TJ's that were made all american.......I think.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Wait one more thing.

I just put two and two together.

Ex. Jeep Kaiser M715. Does this mean Jeep has been half German since the 60's?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
Wait one more thing.

I just put two and two together.

Ex. Jeep Kaiser M715. Does this mean Jeep has been half German since the 60's?
or...

...they just like their hamburgers on hard rolls?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
So who owns the other 12%?
Who else: Wealthy investors, many of them from the Arab world (UAE, among others). They have more oil than they know what to do with, so $$$ is obviously no issue for them!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The window sticker reveals...

The 2007 2 door JK has 76% content from the U.S.
The 2007 4 door JK has 78% content from the U.S.
The 2006 Wrangler has about 80% content from the U.S.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

"DaimlerChrysler stockholders are located equally in the United States (44 percent) and Europe (44 percent)."

Also from DCX's own webstie, concerning who runs the show (Germans or Americans):
"Q: Who runs DaimlerChrysler?
A: DaimlerChrysler has Co-Chairmen and Co-Chief Executive Officers. They are Jürgen E. Schrempp and Robert J. Eaton. Mr. Schrempp was Chairman of Daimler-Benz, while Mr. Eaton was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Chrysler Corporation. Together, they oversee DaimlerChrysler operations.
DaimlerChrysler is domiciled in Stuttgart, Germany and has dual operational headquarters: Stuttgart, and Auburn Hills, Michigan, in the United States. Both Mr. Schrempp and Mr. Eaton have offices and staff in both locations."

So, you're only half-right, or half-wrong... techically, they're 1/2 German-owned.

Then why is BEnz SELLING off Chrysler Group? Why isn't Chrysler Group selling off Benz? Cuz Benz owns a majority or controlling stake in Chrysler.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Also from DCX's own webstie, concerning who runs the show (Germans or Americans):
"Q: Who runs DaimlerChrysler?
A: DaimlerChrysler has Co-Chairmen and Co-Chief Executive Officers. They are Jürgen E. Schrempp and Robert J. Eaton. Mr. Schrempp was Chairman of Daimler-Benz, while Mr. Eaton was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Chrysler Corporation. Together, they oversee DaimlerChrysler operations.
DaimlerChrysler is domiciled in Stuttgart, Germany and has dual operational headquarters: Stuttgart, and Auburn Hills, Michigan, in the United States. Both Mr. Schrempp and Mr. Eaton have offices and staff in both locations."

Im not sure DCXs website is really the best source since they want Americans to buy the products and having Americans believe that it is still some what american owned is in there best interests. This is from wikipedia....

The largest shareholder in DaimlerChrysler today is the State of Kuwait, with 7.2%. Followed by Deutsche Bank, with just under 5%. The 3rd largest shareholder is the Emirate of Dubai, with just over 2% of DaimlerChrysler shares.[1]

Breaking the shareholdings by region:[2]

47.5% Germany
26.7% Other Europe
16.5% USA
9.3% Rest of the World

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_Chrysler

Last edited by TEV; 03-02-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

DIBS on the 1st AMG model !!!
Old 03-03-2007, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great! I'm not farfrumpuken.

I'd rather it stay at least 1/2 USA owned. Most German cars are overpriced and after a couple of years, service cost is $$$$$. I believe I read somewhere that Mercedes were some of the most UNreliable cars lately.

German parts=$$$$. To me it's like Germany buying the "patent" to apple pie for the bald eagle. Oh well, I guess I'm old fashioned. :sad:
Old 03-03-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Default reply german

If they decide to keep jeep they will continue to produce jeep in the states for the simple fact that it will save money,and it's still american which will please american buyers. Another good thing is that they really understand hard core 4x4s, the unimog says it all, and the g wagon has three seperate lockers (one that keeps power 50/50 front and rear). Having germans in charge of jeep won't be a bad thing. Jeep's not a big brand outside of the americas, land rover and toyota rule africa, europe, and asia, it would be nice if there was a way to introduce jeeps into those marks in a way that appeal to other countries, maybe with a mercedes badge in other countries. That could be really cool if they could make more profit, cause that always means that there will be more room for concepts to become real vehicles, who won't want a hurricane?

Quick Reply: Daimler may keep Jeep but sell Chrysler