Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer modified jeeps

Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted before about similar issues when I stopped by to look at some lifted Jeeps at a dealership. They had put on them 4" lifts and 37"s w/ no driveline changes or gear changes and had a 37" spare on the stock tailgate. These were also used mind you so by the time any damage occurred from this the buyer would most likely not have a warranty. The thing that really urked me was that these Jeeps were shown on their internet site with all the goodies for around $26-28k stating save money due to the previous owners having done the work. After noticing the sticker was inflated about $5k from the internet the salesman said it was do them poutting on the goodies.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Bad idea from what it looks like, here's why: No AEV Procal to adjust shift points/speedo, No axle gussets/sleeves (heavy 35's), No new driveshafts or exhaust spacer (lifts over 2.5"), No heavy duty tire carrier to prevent a bent tailgate. It looks like its all show and no real go.

Last edited by Tripletsi; 10-15-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
Bad idea from what it looks like, here's why: No AEV Procal to adjust shift points/speedo, No axle gussets/sleeves (heavy 35's), No new driveshafts or exhaust spacer (lifts over 2.5"), No heavy duty tire carrier to prevent a bent tailgate. It looks like its all show and no real go.

Looks like they still have the stock spare on.

All good points though. I've emailed the salesman asking all of these questions.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

usually much cheaper, safer, and better quality to build up your own.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by k0260
usually much cheaper, safer, and better quality to build up your own.
You forgot the "fun" part of that statement.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Beacon Healey

rt 52 Beacon Healey, Ny sells modified jeeps
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

River oaks(Houston dealership) does there's w a 2.5 skyjacker and 35s no other mods and charges 8 gs over askin not worth it
Old 12-14-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am familiar with this dealer. They are a very reputable dealer with an excellent service dept. They sell JK8's as well as AEV official vehicles

Their lift is a 3" BDS with springs,shocks, links,trackbar brackets,extended bumpstops, etc.
Comes with a "lifetime" warranty
includes AEV Procal
includes matching spare.

Remember that all prices are negotiable. I bought mine there with the same package. I picked out my rims,tires,etc.

When it comes to price, "it's not where we start,.............it's where we end" that matters.

Most people that are upside down in equity of their trade can benefit from a so-called bump sticker
Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

I think some of the fun is doing the work yourself. If you are out on the trail and have something break, you will already have some first hand knowledge about your set-up. Buy it stock and do it yourself!!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have also been looking at this dealership. I have purchased tires through thier offroad shop for my truck. I plan on purchasing a 2013 in the spring and am also concerned about the lift. I've been trying to find better information about the BDS lift they install but there are not very many post I can find about quality, spring sag with weight over time, pictures, or just overall how you like it if your running it.

Quick Reply: Dealer modified jeeps