Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer modified jeeps

Old 12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justinss
Good idea or bad idea to buy a new Jeep already modified by the dealer? Seems like a good idea if you don't have the time or extra cash to do it yourself. Especially if the dealer warranties the parts which this dealership does that has a Jeep that I'm interested in. They are asking $36,148.00 and saying it has $8,995.00 worth of aftermarket parts.

2013 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport
Auto
Uconnect
3.73 gears
Alpine system with sirius
3 Inch lift (lifetime Warranty)
35 Inch Tires
17 Inch Wheels
Mud Mats
Black Side Steps
Grab Handles
My dealers around me say they will warranty any mopar lift installed by mopar techs. I believe mopar's lifts are designed by Teraflex. I could be wrong though. I asked about AEV and they said its up to Chrysler not the dealer.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

The place I bought my jeep has these, called "mercenary" the dealer tried to get me into one, but even as such a noob I pointed out so many problems with it. They used a procal, but claimed that was the only dealer that was willing to warranty any of the mods.

Also, a chick from my old high school got one for graduation a week later. I was talking to her sister about it and ended up on the phone with her dad for an hour talking abouthow I could have done ALL the mods for about 10k less. They weren't hard installs.. but the labor they charged for the mods was insane! Like thirty hours. And the parts prices were well over what any of us on this forum would pay. Total for the unlimited sport with all these bolt on mods was $60k... not even a Rubicon... shame

On top of all this you get a fancy sticker on every panel saying mercenary. I view that as buying $150 ripped jeans.. but less respectable. But thats just my opinion in this one dealer situation...
Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

At My dealer the parts manager and few other guys are huge jeep guys. they go all out then after a year or so sell them for a pretty penny. Then do it all over again switching between 2 door or 4 and different colors and off road brands would live there jobs.

Quick Reply: Dealer modified jeeps