Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer Rant

Old 12-15-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what happened to me.

Jeep is at 5600 miles so I figure Wth I'll get the oil changed early. Pull into local dealer cause I'm right here of course no one comes out go in to find a service writer. Tell her I need an oil change she ask how many miles is on it. I tell her she says it's not time till 8,000 miles and if they change it before it will void my lifetime warranty that they give you. I tell her I bought it somewhere else and had it changed at 3,000 already and she argues with me say ing no not till 8,000 then 16,000 so on. Wtf! I'm paying for it why does it matter? They have no warranty on it. Seriously the more I deal with dealerships the more I think they hire any dumbass of the street!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JusticeForAll
..I have a service contract for 4 freeby oil changes from Chrysler.

Were you trying to use it for this oil change?
If so, I believe it can only be used at certain intervals.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2012 also and they also gave me the first four oil changes also. They recommended when I purchased it that it did not need it until 8000 miles I think. But I took it in at 3500 and got it changed for free with no problems. They put the sticker in the window also to come back in 3,000 miles.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Call the owner and get a free winch!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...bad-for-245.00
Old 12-15-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

The dealer I bought my 2011 called me today to notify me it was time for an oil change. They said nothing about mileage just that it's been 3 months, and that they recommended I would do it now. Personally on every car I've owned I change the oil every 3000 miles.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last time I had the local dealer service floor change my oil (I do it myself if it is not cold out), the mechanic asked me how many miles did I want them to put on the little reminder sticker.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Funny I saw this thread. I just made an appointment to bring mine in for the 25000km service. I'm also getting them to look at my stereo because it sounds like the speakers in the sound bar aren't putting out as much as they used too, and the auxillary port is cutting out intermittantly. Also getting them to look at the bowed dashboard, and a big chunk of paint blew off the rear diff cover when I was spraying off the underside.
I can't wait to see what they say when they realize it's been lifted. Probly won't affect anything they are doing tomorrow, but it will be interesting to see what they say about future warranty work. So far I haven't been overly impressed with either of the two dealorships I've been too.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

and oil change and new oil filter takes 20 minutes at my dealership.......
Old 12-15-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walc

My wife hadn't even presented anything for payment. Just asked for the service. After talking to the guy, he said they would do it if she brought it back (which we won't be doing there).

I'm naming names. Cross Jeep in Louisville Ky.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by walc
I do not doubt you.

But I do not understand the logic of a dealer doing this. If it is 4 free changes, what does it matter to them how fast a person might use them up?

Quick Reply: Dealer Rant