Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer service scam?

Old 12-21-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been having some serious water leak issues with my 11JKU Sport that (finally) just got resolved, so I might know a bit more about this....

It is my understanding that MANY 11 Wranglers were having water leaks on the passenger side front door. So many, in fact, that Chrysler/Jeep/Mopar sent out a message to all dealers warning them of the problem and explaining how to look for it / solve it. My guess is that they visibly noticed something wrong with the seal (I was missing an inch or so of the seal...easy to spot) and just went ahead and repaired it. Just my 2cents, although I agree with some of the others in that if they did that to me, I'd want to know about it before I read it on the invoice.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm having a regular issue with leaks somewhere around my rear window or door on my hardtop that collects by my sub, and in the tool area. Please advise. 08' sahara thx
Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gnoz
I'm having a regular issue with leaks somewhere around my rear window or door on my hardtop that collects by my sub, and in the tool area. Please advise. 08' sahara thx

IMO the best thing to do before getting Jeep involved would be to hose that area down with someone in the car to see if they can spot where it's coming in...that would be good info to take into the dealer. Check where the hardtop meets the door..where the "T" would form from the seals of the roof and the door.

But from there id take it to the dealer (hopefully you're still under warranty...) and have them look at it. The service manual that the dealers have is on the Internet, but to be honest I'm worried about placing a direct link to it here haha. A quick search using your favorite search engine should reveal a PDF.

Even though the JK is made to get wet and hosed down, it wasnt made to have rain enter and sit there. My concern personally wasn't the water being there, but the fact that it could sit there and continue to leak without me knowing...possibly leading to some future damage.

Quick Reply: Dealer service scam?