Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealership asking me to trade my 2013 on a 2014. Details below. Thoughts? Negetives?

Old 10-02-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership asking me to trade my 2013 on a 2014. Details below. Thoughts? Negetives?

Well, my dealership just called me today and asked me if I'd be interested in trading in my 2013 JKU on a new 2014. I've only had my JKU about 6 months if that and it only has about 3K on the dial. Guy said that they could cut my payment in half with the same term length I have on my 2013 with no money out of my pocket, AND the amount I would be financing would be reduced significantly as well. Has anyone experience this? I planned on keeping this jeep for a long time, but this deal sounds too good to pass up....and you know what they say about things that sound too good to be true...Anyway, I'm looking for some drawbacks to doing this. What's the catch here, guys? Help me out!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

They will say almost anything to get u in the dealer, but I would trade my 13 if it reduced my payment.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go for it, why not, provided yours is still stock. If not be sure to swap mods
Old 10-02-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

I would go and see what the deal is about. just go in with your guard up and read the details. It does sound too good to be true but doesn't hurt to see what they are offering.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MoyDib
They will say almost anything to get u in the dealer, but I would trade my 13 if it reduced my payment.
Man, that's why I'm so leary of doing it, I think we all know how the dealers are. But if its going to cut my payment in half with the same term length, and I get a brand new JKU! I can't see a down side. Only thing is I'd be losing the few payments I've made thus far, but I'd easily make that up with my reduced payments in no time.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kh202
Go for it, why not, provided yours is still stock
Well, I've added a front bumper and flat flares so far, but he said that shouldn't be a problem switching the parts out with the 2014 as I'll get the same color.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

I don't see how you will cut your payments in half when you still have a loan on your current Jeep. Who's gonna pay that off? Sure as hell not the dealer.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nissan did this with my wife's car. Didn't cut the payment in half but we did get a new model with more bells and whistles for same monthly payment as before.

Just be careful!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be watching to see how this turns out. Lol!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2013 for 2014?

I would be very leary of any car dealer/ship. First of all, I can say that any Jeep even without mods is worth nearly what you paid for it within a few months. They are a hot commodity and everyone is looking for a gently used one so they can save a buck or two (Yeah right-Not from a dealer). Next, I cannot tell if your 2013 JKU is a sport, Sahara or Rubicon. If you have the Rubicon, you may be making a deal to trade down to a sport. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples is all I'm saying.

I agree with others that this is usually a bait and switch kind of deal and just keep in mind that dealerships are not into loosing money and they gladly will take yours and mine without a guilty conscience .

Please respond to this post so we all know the outcome. I'm waiting on the delivery of my 2014 Rubicon ordered back in August. Should see her any day now!

Quick Reply: Dealership asking me to trade my 2013 on a 2014. Details below. Thoughts? Negetives?