JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Dealership Inventory (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/dealership-inventory-117917/)

mtb996 02-06-2010 01:35 PM

Dealership Inventory

I am in the market for a new JK Unlimited. Is there a website or means to find the location of a jeep given the specific colors/options I want?

I know this exists for other cars (corvette for instance) where you input the model, color, options and it will tell you where the vehicle is located.

thanks,
Mike

interceptor_1972 02-06-2010 01:35 PM

Try something along the lines of Autotrader or cars.com?

PS: Noticed this is your first post... Welcome :thumbsup:

dmhines 02-06-2010 01:40 PM

Jeep.com can search within 200 miles of any zipcode you enter.

JamesJKB 02-06-2010 01:42 PM

I think you can go to jeep.com and build the jeep you want and then search dealers for a match.

m(a)ce 02-06-2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by dmhines (Post 1551714)
Jeep.com can search within 200 miles of any zipcode you enter.

x2

just go under shopping tools menu and put in your zip code and look around.

good luck and let us know if you have any questions :)

mtb996 02-06-2010 02:19 PM

thanks guys. Jeep.com is kinda clumsy without the ability to pick all options (including manual trans) in their dealer search.

I found a near perfect vehicle at the local dealer today, but we're still about 3k off in price. The vehicle has a couple options that I am not interested in (ie. side step bars, fancy radio) so wanted to be able to look around for the exact vehicle I want to see if I can get closer to my price. Getting a national search would be perfect, as I have bought other cars via phone from far away dealers before at significant savings.

Are there any special dealers that specialize in wrangler orders via phone/ internet. I have no problem waiting for an ordered car.

m(a)ce 02-06-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by mtb996 (Post 1551770)
thanks guys. Jeep.com is kinda clumsy without the ability to pick all options (including manual trans) in their dealer search.

I found a near perfect vehicle at the local dealer today, but we're still about 3k off in price. The vehicle has a couple options that I am not interested in (ie. side step bars, fancy radio) so wanted to be able to look around for the exact vehicle I want to see if I can get closer to my price. Getting a national search would be perfect, as I have bought other cars via phone from far away dealers before at significant savings.

Are there any special dealers that specialize in wrangler orders via phone/ internet. I have no problem waiting for an ordered car.

agreed on the clunky factor. :yawn:

there use to be a site called jeepwarehouse . com but the site is gone and from what I understand they lost their dealership.

maybe somebody knows of a similar one (?)

Waiting 02-06-2010 03:45 PM

The Jeep.com site is clumsy, as you can't search by options; but, it's also dumb. By dumb, I mean it is wrong. I search on Jeep.com for a local Rubicon and it shows that my local stealerships are without. Then, I go to the actual dealer site and they show the have them. I've seen this problem with colors, too.

mtb996 02-06-2010 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by ECHO (Post 1551872)
Welcome to the Forum MTB996

Thanks!
Looking forward to getting the JK, then having fun making it taller and tougher.

spinlock 02-06-2010 05:37 PM

Jeep.com is still your best tool. It will find vehicles that match exactly and that are close.

If you go too far (beyond 200 mile radius) shipping cost becomes an issue unless you are willing to drive there.

Why don't you have one of your local dealers do the legwork for you?