Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealership Inventory

Old 02-06-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Inventory

I am in the market for a new JK Unlimited. Is there a website or means to find the location of a jeep given the specific colors/options I want?

I know this exists for other cars (corvette for instance) where you input the model, color, options and it will tell you where the vehicle is located.

thanks,
Mike
Old 02-06-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Jedi

Try something along the lines of Autotrader or cars.com?

PS: Noticed this is your first post... Welcome
Old 02-06-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Jeep.com can search within 200 miles of any zipcode you enter.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think you can go to jeep.com and build the jeep you want and then search dealers for a match.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dmhines
Jeep.com can search within 200 miles of any zipcode you enter.
x2

just go under shopping tools menu and put in your zip code and look around.

good luck and let us know if you have any questions
Old 02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

thanks guys. Jeep.com is kinda clumsy without the ability to pick all options (including manual trans) in their dealer search.

I found a near perfect vehicle at the local dealer today, but we're still about 3k off in price. The vehicle has a couple options that I am not interested in (ie. side step bars, fancy radio) so wanted to be able to look around for the exact vehicle I want to see if I can get closer to my price. Getting a national search would be perfect, as I have bought other cars via phone from far away dealers before at significant savings.

Are there any special dealers that specialize in wrangler orders via phone/ internet. I have no problem waiting for an ordered car.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mtb996
thanks guys. Jeep.com is kinda clumsy without the ability to pick all options (including manual trans) in their dealer search.

I found a near perfect vehicle at the local dealer today, but we're still about 3k off in price. The vehicle has a couple options that I am not interested in (ie. side step bars, fancy radio) so wanted to be able to look around for the exact vehicle I want to see if I can get closer to my price. Getting a national search would be perfect, as I have bought other cars via phone from far away dealers before at significant savings.

Are there any special dealers that specialize in wrangler orders via phone/ internet. I have no problem waiting for an ordered car.
agreed on the clunky factor.

there use to be a site called jeepwarehouse . com but the site is gone and from what I understand they lost their dealership.

maybe somebody knows of a similar one (?)
Old 02-06-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Jeep.com site is clumsy, as you can't search by options; but, it's also dumb. By dumb, I mean it is wrong. I search on Jeep.com for a local Rubicon and it shows that my local stealerships are without. Then, I go to the actual dealer site and they show the have them. I've seen this problem with colors, too.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ECHO
Welcome to the Forum MTB996
Thanks!
Looking forward to getting the JK, then having fun making it taller and tougher.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeep.com is still your best tool. It will find vehicles that match exactly and that are close.

If you go too far (beyond 200 mile radius) shipping cost becomes an issue unless you are willing to drive there.

Why don't you have one of your local dealers do the legwork for you?

Quick Reply: Dealership Inventory