Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealership ordering Freedom Top

Old 02-27-2007, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership ordering Freedom Top

My wife and I have been given the run around for 5 days now by the dealership here. We signed a contract on a JK X and they were suppose to have the JK sent down here the next morning (150 miles), well once they went to buy the Wrangler from the other dealership the next morning, it was already sold... hint hint, we actually had signed a contract on it the night before, but someone else is now driving the Jeep I bought. So long story short, they have found 4 JK's since then and tried to do a dealer trade for them, but of course, no one wants to part with the one that I want on their lot.

So now, the big man (branch manager) called me yesterday to make a deal with me, see what you all think of this: We want a freedom top on our JK, and that is what is the hard part with a 6 Spd... He offered to find a JK with the exact options, colors, etc. but with a Soft top for the same price we signed for 5 days ago, and then once we take delivery, they will order a Freedom top and wiring and install it for us, everything at no cost to us. So in other words, we are getting a soft top and the dealership is buying us a Freedom Top for our troubles. Did I get a great deal or what!!

You better believe I had him fax at that exact moment an agreement on paper with that deal (I O U)
Old 02-27-2007, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we get to keep both tops... if you didn't already figure that out!!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

That sounds like a good deal.

This happened to me when I bought my first car. I was on a 6 month waiting list for an Integra Type R. 2 Showed up at the dealership, I ordered yellow but they had sold it out from under me.

I got the black one sitting there beside it, and had them add on tons of options to make up for it.

Try to get as many options as you can out of it.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yeah I know what you mean, the longer I wait... the sweeter my Jeep gets with goodies

Quick Reply: Dealership ordering Freedom Top