Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Death from Jeep rollover on Rubicon

Old 09-11-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What i see that everyone I leaving out is that her and the two passengers in the jeep were all drunk on the trail when this occurred.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by alex.m.marti
What i see that everyone I leaving out is that her and the two passengers in the jeep were all drunk on the trail when this occurred.
I certainly hope you have some support for a statement like that. I have yet to read anything saying they had been drinking.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have never heard any thing about alcohol or being drunk. I was there and have been following the story pretty close.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharkey
I certainly hope you have some support for a statement like that. I have yet to read anything saying they had been drinking.
I agree. can you support that statement?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

I do my father and a good friend of his were at the jeepers jamboree during this incident. It's left out of the news reports because of the tragedy that it is but is the key factor of the whole rollover
Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Not trying to cause any problems or tarnish anyone's names by my comment just want to point out that on the trail is not the place to be drinking, because of examples such as this.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do my father and a good friend of his were at the jeepers jamboree during this incident. It's left out of the news reports because of the tragedy that it is but is the key factor of the whole rollover
Pure conjecture. The article again stated she wasn't part of the Jamboree.

Provide some real evidence and until then keep your rumors to yourself.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renzo1200
Pure conjecture. The article again stated she wasn't part of the Jamboree.

Provide some real evidence and until then keep your rumors to yourself.
I do believe she was part of the Jamboree. I know for a fact that is was the Jamboree support that got her out.

here is an article that was forwarded to me.

Woman Suffers 3rd Degree Burns After Jeep Catches Fire At Jeepers Jamboree « CBS Sacramento

and another

Sacto 9-1-1: Jeep Jamboree accident leaves woman in critical condition
Old 09-11-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mgimelli

I do believe she was part of the Jamboree. I know for a fact that is was the Jamboree support that got her out.

here is an article that was forwarded to me.

Woman Suffers 3rd Degree Burns After Jeep Catches Fire At Jeepers Jamboree « CBS Sacramento

and another

Sacto 9-1-1: Jeep Jamboree accident leaves woman in critical condition
This is a very sad story. I was on the rubicon about 2 weeks prior to this happening and Cadillac hill scared the crap out of me and it was the only place I felt the need to winch. That being said, and believe me I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong or right, but we had planned our trip on the dates we went because of the jamboree. I was told that the trail is closed to the public for this event. So not sure if someone not apart of the jamboree could still get on the trail. I have no clue how it works so I very well could be wrong.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by olsonn

This is a very sad story. I was on the rubicon about 2 weeks prior to this happening and Cadillac hill scared the crap out of me and it was the only place I felt the need to winch. That being said, and believe me I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong or right, but we had planned our trip on the dates we went because of the jamboree. I was told that the trail is closed to the public for this event. So not sure if someone not apart of the jamboree could still get on the trail. I have no clue how it works so I very well could be wrong.
Yes we had to have a sticker to be on the trail.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2175265607.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	364649  

Quick Reply: Death from Jeep rollover on Rubicon