Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Detonator Yellow?!!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detonator Yellow?!!

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and I am looking to find out if anyone has seen, or has better yet, any pics of the new DETONATOR YELLOW I would love to see some pics of this, (and so would my wife) so we can decide.

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Only one person has seen the DY Jeeps, but wasn't able to take pictures since they were on the road.

I should have my Jeep in a week or two...so if you can wait...I'll be posting plenty of pictures then.

Last edited by Karla; 05-30-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The colorizor at jeep.com will show you the yellow. It's not an actual photograph, but probably (hopefully) pretty close. I personally can't wait to see Karla's!!
Old 05-30-2007, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

The colorizer on Jeep.com isn't a good representation of the yellow. It looks more orange than the other pictures of DY I've seen (on the Super Bee Charger, etc.). Personally, it looks like a great, bright yellow!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I've seen a Charger SRT in DT. Sorry, but it looks too much like school bus yellow to suit my tastes. But if you like, it, so much the better.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Available on every model except the Sahara, interesting.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now you guys have me a little worried. I was assuming DY was a slightly brighter yellow. Similar to the yellow you see on Ford Escapes, Chevy Cobalts etc. I'm worried that Detonator Yellow will look more like the ugly orange-yellow I've seen on Subarus et al. Anyway, my JK should be coming in next week, and I hope I'm happy with the color.

I really thought the color on the Jeep website looked a little dark when compared to some Charger SuperBee pics I've seen. If it is that dark of a yellow in real life...dare I say, I'll be disappointed? :whoaisme:
Old 06-02-2007, 11:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4JEXEP4
Available on every model except the Sahara, interesting.
Can you imagine yellow fender flares? Im assuming thats the reason. The thought of them makes me sick.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bigwrm
Can you imagine yellow fender flares? Im assuming thats the reason. The thought of them makes me sick.
All I can think of is 'little yelow bus'.... I don't think we will be getting DY down here in Australia. In fact, there are a lot of options that are not available to us. Bummer!

Violet Rose
Old 06-03-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

Now you guys have me a little worried. I was assuming DY was a slightly brighter yellow. Similar to the yellow you see on Ford Escapes, Chevy Cobalts etc. I'm worried that Detonator Yellow will look more like the ugly orange-yellow I've seen on Subarus et al. Anyway, my JK should be coming in next week, and I hope I'm happy with the color.

I really thought the color on the Jeep website looked a little dark when compared to some Charger SuperBee pics I've seen. If it is that dark of a yellow in real life...dare I say, I'll be disappointed?
It's actually H3 yellow they got a good deal on, LOL.

Quick Reply: Detonator Yellow?!!