Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did you know?

Old 03-11-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you know?

Well I got my Jeeperman bumper installed. I took me a little longer then the recomended 2 hours, maybe 5 hours. But I could do it in 2 now, just give me a call. LOL.

The bumper comes with a tail gate spacer/stopper. Which didn't seem to fit, it was two thick. So I slept on it and came up with a great solution. I moved the two rubber bumper stops that come on the tail gate to holes for the old tire mount and they hit the swing gate just right. I di have to cut part of the old bumper stop off and drill a hole in it. I bought 2" bolts and rubber washers. The install is rubber washer, washer, rubber stop, two washers in the stop and a M8x50 1.25 bolt. It works great.

http://picasaweb.google.com/wdallfrey/JeepermanBumper
Old 03-11-2007, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

you didn't by any chance take any pics of the install did you? i am ordering this bumper when i get home, so in about 70 days i will be installing it myself. the rear one with the tire carrier as well. any other pics, like on the Jeep would be awesome too.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

I do have more pictures. I'll put up a link in a few days. Yes they maybe helpful. The drawing that Jeeperman finally posted was a hugh help.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

There are some more pictures how.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by L8TRKDS2
Well I got my Jeeperman bumper installed. I took me a little longer then the recomended 2 hours, maybe 5 hours. But I could do it in 2 now, just give me a call. LOL.

The bumper comes with a tail gate spacer/stopper. Which didn't seem to fit, it was two thick. So I slept on it and came up with a great solution. I moved the two rubber bumper stops that come on the tail gate to holes for the old tire mount and they hit the swing gate just right. I di have to cut part of the old bumper stop off and drill a hole in it. I bought 2" bolts and rubber washers. The install is rubber washer, washer, rubber stop, two washers in the stop and a M8x50 1.25 bolt. It works great.

That really looks great. Overall, how is the quality, fit and finish of your Jeeperman Bumper?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

At this point I'm pleased with the look and the way it works. The powder coating job has so flaws, but I can live them. I figure the bumpers are going to get some beating and I'll need a car of black paint in my recovery bag anyway.

The installation would have go easier if I'd have had some good close up photos to look at. Now they have some good instructions online.

If sa get it if you like the look.

Quick Reply: Did you know?