Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Diesel Engine

Old 05-29-2007, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Engine

I just saw the JK Diesel Engine on sell in Australia and France. I hope Jeep will commecialize the engine in the US and Canada soon. Hopefully this time also with a manual tranmission and in the X package, it would be nice for those on a budget.

Really, I just need as option YES Essentials seets, the Speed Control and the Air Conditionning (When I can't remove the top ;-(

Cheers,

Huy.

Last edited by Lingot; 05-29-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Someone posted about that from down under. If I recall he didn't have good things to say about it.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:56 AM
JK Newbie

Test drove a 2-door Sahara CRD auto shift in Spain yesterday for a couple of hours and was positively impressed by the engine. It's quiet and gives very good acceleration. Took it to 100 mph on the motorway with no trouble. What was awful was the wind noise coming from the hard top which at that speed was lifting off enough to be able to see daylight through the gap.......The engine was efficient on the trails, too, although I missed the lower gearing of the Rubicon.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:09 AM
JK Newbie

my CRD arrived this week and i cant wait to get it out and about, impressed as to the smoothness of the engine/gearbox (auto) not quite as good as our grand but hey this is my toy!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now this is GREAT news. I am glad i was wrong because I love Diesels.....Thanks for the feedback friends. And enjoy your new toy! I look forward to hearing how the diesel works as the miles pile on....congrats. dang...now I want a diesel...but noooooooo...we aren't good enough to get the cool stuff......:sad:
Old 06-01-2007, 03:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Ask your Dealer

Ask your Dealer when it will be available in the US/Canada. More people ask for it, than Jeep may realize their is a Market, and if they offer all their Jeep with this Option at low cost, they may just take the market with a storm.

Cheers,

Lingot

Quick Reply: Diesel Engine