Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Difference between X and Sahara?

Old 11-15-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was quite curious about the differences between the X and the Sahara as well. When I got my Jeep I started out just looking at a base X model due to budget constraints, but while I was there, my buddy, who is the used car manager at my dealership came running over with a trade in they *just* received while I was there...it was a used Sahara with tons of options. I was always curious what the Sahara came with on its own, and what was an option after the fact...very helpful post

Some of this stuff I didn't think was optional...like the steps/running boards on the sides, and the different bumper. I'm also curious about the gearing...I have the tow group, does that mean I'd have the 4:10 gears?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

i dont know for US market but here in canada the Sahara came with dual top, power group, 18's, painted fenders, yes seats, infinity 7 spkr sound system,
+ a couple more that i don't remember
Old 11-15-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Something to also keep in mind is that the Sahara will have a higher resale value. When I was specing out jeeps to decide what to buy, after adding the options to the X that i wanted the lease on a Sahara was actually cheaper due to higher retained value.

Also an important factor to me (i'm 5'6) was the hight adjustable seat, standard on Sahara and part of my added costs to the X.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's good stuff to know...I know the resale on the Sahara with the options this one came with was the big selling point for the wife...I was more interested in all the goodies myself

Quick Reply: Difference between X and Sahara?