Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Discount T%$ refused to mount my 35 12.50 17s, with spacers

Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount T%$ refused to mount my 35 12.50 17s, with spacers

So I ordered my tires 2 weeks ago from a Discount T$#@ that I was out by a couple of weeks ago and told the manager that I had ordered some wheel spacer and couldnt get the tires mounted untill they come in. So my tires have been sitting up at the tire store while i wait for my spacers...Well spacer show up yesterday and i put them on last night and called the F$#@ing tire store to tell them I will be in the next morning. The manager I ordered the tires from says cool but he is off today when i am supposed to come in and sayes this other guy will take care of me. So I am all excited to finally get my 35's on. I drive 40 miles to the store and this mother f$#ker sayes he wont mount the tries because i have spacers and they are not safe and they have never done that before. I was fuming, i took time off of work and waited for these damn things for this shit. WTF, ok rant over thanks for listening. I should have just took them the damn rimes on my trailer so they didnt know what they were going on.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Jedi Master

its a liability for them to install your rims and tires on with spacers.

You cant really blame them
Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

That sucks! He must not have known what he was doing! I wouldn't have left without them. I'd have loaded em' up and been mounting some tires whenever I got home!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of shops wont mount rims/tires if you have spacers, it is very common. As mentioned above it is a huge insurance liability for them. Have them mounted, take them home and put them on yourself or find a 4wd friendly shop that will do it.

I am sorry they lied to you saying they would, then not doing it after you did. That sucks.
It sounds like one hand doesnt know what the other is doing with those managers, or they dont know what a spacer is exactly.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

I would have gladly just went up there with a trailer and had them mounted/balanced and installed them myself had I known this was a problem for them. I mean I told the friken manager exactly what i was doing and why I couldnt get the tires mounted just yet and he was cool with it. I understand the liability thing but I am not about to drive up there for a third time and traler my wheels/tires out of there now, especially since they are 40 miles away from my home... CrAZY thing is I really wanted the damn goddyear MTR's anyway but the KM2's where available, maybe it just wasnt meant to be. I just hate lying ass salesman who tell you whatever to make the sale.

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
A lot of shops wont mount rims/tires if you have spacers, it is very common. As mentioned above it is a huge insurance liability for them. Have them mounted, take them home and put them on yourself or find a 4wd friendly shop that will do it.

I am sorry they lied to you saying they would, then not doing it after you did. That sucks.
It sounds like one hand doesnt know what the other is doing with those managers, or they dont know what a spacer is exactly.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Liability issues as stated already. Bring a jack and mount them yourself in their parking lot. Seriously, i wish you luck on getting things figured out.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was told the same thing when I bought my old Mustang in. But I was just checking the balance of the tires and didn't even know there was spacers under there.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
its a liability for them to install your rims and tires on with spacers.
You cant really blame them
100% true.
We live right by one of their stores and they've said similar things to a buddy of mine. The thing that's frustrating is that not all stores interpret the rules the same because another friend of mine had his put on with spacers (different store) and they didn't say a thing...
Old 04-27-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

I had a similar situation with my beadlocks, but was told they could rotate them when needed. X3on the statements above, try and find a 4wd friendly shop or do them yourself.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

I worked for Discount Tire Corpo in Scottsdale, AZ for a year and half.
Its always been a rule that they will not install wheels/ and or tires if the vehicle has spacers.

If they do it "on the side" they are completely ignoring strict liability guidelines set forth by Operations.

Quick Reply: Discount T%$ refused to mount my 35 12.50 17s, with spacers