Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Discount tire discount

Old 03-09-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount tire discount

Well I went into discount tire today to rotate my tires and decided to get a quote for some 35 12.50 17 nitto trail grapplers on black rock wheels.I'm going to get five of each.Ask assistant manager if there is a jk forum discount he said (ohhh we will take care of you).Well I got a wopping 50 dollar discount for a $ 2,522 purchase.Don't seem like much of a deal.Anybody have better luck anywhere else?
Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rooster1976
Well I went into discount tire today to rotate my tires and decided to get a quote for some 35 12.50 17 nitto trail grapplers on black rock wheels.I'm going to get five of each.Ask assistant manager if there is a jk forum discount he said (ohhh we will take care of you).Well I got a wopping 50 dollar discount for a $ 2,522 purchase.Don't seem like much of a deal.Anybody have better luck anywhere else?
While its not a lot, take it for what its worth, ya know?. I mean, you just mentioned the forum and they gave you some cash back... Yea, it was a $2,500 purchase, but they need to put food in their mouths too, haha...
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also have been loyal to them for ten years....few sets of tires and wheels.Have nothing bad to say about discount tire though .......great service everytime.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Whenever I shop for wheels and tires, there prices always seem to be much cheaper than other online stores. Getting an additional $50 off is just a bonus
Old 03-09-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Also have been loyal to them for ten years....few sets of tires and wheels.Have nothing bad to say about discount tire though .......great service everytime.
totally hear ya. I tried to go back to the place I got my rubber from on 2 occasions for the possibilty of getting some incentive for returned business and it was a no-go. The economy is crap nowadays, ya know? Plus, the warm weather is on its way and that means prices go up...
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Shop online at discount tire direct will get a lot better deal no sale tax member discount and also free shipping to door. discount tire gave me a price of 1800 for rims and tires for my jeep. Got online and got all for 1500 shipped to my door mounted balanced and warranty for 1500 and still can take to discount tire for rotations and balance and warranty work.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepsta
Shop online at discount tire direct will get a lot better deal no sale tax member discount and also free shipping to door. discount tire gave me a price of 1800 for rims and tires for my jeep. Got online and got all for 1500 shipped to my door mounted balanced and warranty for 1500 and still can take to discount tire for rotations and balance and warranty work.
WHEELS and tires, WHEELS and tires! Not RIMS! lol
Old 03-09-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks jeepsta
I will definitely look into that.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

I would buy from dtd even without a discount...great great service everytime, never ran into a salesman there that treated me poorly and like said before. They hand you 50 bucks back who could argue with thatt
Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepsta
Yes but if you buy from DTD you still need to pay someone to mount and balance them. If you buy from DTD, your local Discount Tire will still charge you for this service and after all said and done it usually end up only saving you the difference in taxes.

Quick Reply: Discount tire discount