Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Discount Tire Sucks!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear your bad luck. i've never had any problems with them. i've been buying from them for years and will keep doing so.

4wheelparts.....now thats a vendor that i only do business with if i absolutely have to. its hard not too because they're everywhere.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Location: Mountain View, CA & Incline Village, Lk. Tahoe, NV (summer house)

The website sucks but my local 4 Wheel Parts is pretty good. Many of the guys there are into Jeeps at least... one guy has a JK with 3" Full traction Ultimate and all. They are friendly and always spend time chatting about Jeep more than I planned.

Discount tires or other major tire stores don't carry many rims for JK. Most of the rims they carry are chrome bling. Some don't even want to sell you the bigger tires... they insist you have to get the tire size on the door sticker!

Last edited by JKing 777; 09-19-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default My DC Location is Excellent!

Originally Posted by RedRockJK
I wouldn't say Discount Tire sucks, it sounds like the person/people that work in the store you are dealing with are the ones that suck. Heck, I ordered my tires from them on a Thursday, and received them via UPS the next day !
Concur...the DC I frequent in the Phoenix area (Shea/Scottsdale RD) is simply excellent. They corrected fouled up mounting on tires/wheels shipped by 4WD Hardware (screwy place to deal with) including removing weights that were countering other weights (should only have weights on one side) and removed caliper clips left on at the factory. Very good service from DC here. I would highly recommend them.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

I had to order my 5 wheels 3x to finally get all 5.
3 weeks later they arrived.
still waiting on my lug nuts to get here after 6 weeks. They have yet to call and tell me that the lugnuts I ordered are no longer made.
This is poor customer service.
Discount just lost out on my other tire/wheel business.(4 other autos + 3 trailers)
On top of that they reused my old lugnuts and scuffed up the lug holes on the new wheels.(socket too large for smaller lug opening)
Ended up going to my other tire guy and getting chrome tuner lugnuts.

Quick Reply: Discount Tire Sucks!