Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is the Discount Tire, tire warranty worth it?

Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is the Discount Tire, tire warranty worth it?

I am thinking about getting some new tires from Discount Tire and was wondering if the warranty was worth it. How much does it cost? How long does it last? In what situations is it worth it to buy it. Thought? Comments?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have purchased about a dozen sets of tires from Discount in the last 5 years. Negotiate the tire insurance. They typically start at $25/tire. Sometimes I have got it for free other times I paid $10-$12/tire. For me it has been worth it. I have had several tires replaced for various types of flats. Never an issue and never a charge.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, definately negotiate the warranty / "tire certificate" as they call it. Make sure it's clear if you are getting tire replacment and/or lifetime balance & rotation, too.

I got the lifetime replacment warranty w/liftetime balance & rotation for $20 a tire.

I definately think it's worth it.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess it depends on the price... online when I price out a set of 5 tires the warranty for all 5 is almost as much as a single a tire. I wouldn't buy them unless it was $25 or less per tire

edit: just went to the page and priced 5x tires that cost 243 each... they want $207.50 for 5x warranties (5x$41.50)... these same tires I can get online for 20 bucks cheaper... Nice thing about having a full size spare is you can wait for a tire in the mail after you get a flat... so I can pay $1215+$207.50 from them and be covered or pay $1115 from an online store and take my chances. I guess when it comes time to buy I might go in and see if they can make a deal for me but as advertised I am not impressed with these prices.

Last edited by hypeiv; 01-31-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:59 PM
jdk
JK Freak

Worth it !!!!! Used it a couple of times over the years and never a hassle.

Quick Reply: Is the Discount Tire, tire warranty worth it?