JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/do-not-do-business-tnt-customs-264204/)

Brightwhite 02-13-2013 10:39 AM

Nice work TnT, you handled everything just as you should of. I think I am going to flip over to your website and see if I need anything.

Brightwhite 02-13-2013 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by RockYacht (Post 3427613)
You really want to go there? :yawn:

I really want to hear this story. I knew there was more to it!

Nice yellow JK by the way. Saw pics of your rig in the 4 corners section under the crawlerado thread.

JJ_jk001 02-13-2013 10:54 AM

Where'd the Hulk go?

finfreeze 02-13-2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by JJ_jk001 (Post 3427679)
Where'd the Hulk go?

Hahaha!

HULK SMASH!!!

Mgimelli 02-13-2013 10:56 AM

I just want to say I have nothing but good things to say about TnT customs. Rod was awesome to work with and product was awesome. Would do business again and would recommend them to my friends as well.

AMen 02-13-2013 11:02 AM

I do not need sliders but it got me thinking about them.

TNT, thank you for your information.

I almost quit reading but saw it got more post so I had to keep going.

The Rest Of The Story

stagedtrip 02-13-2013 11:03 AM

That was a hell of a response, love it

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 11:05 AM

To the owner in your post you asked if Northridge 4x4 refunded my shipping why yes they did in fact! So BOOM!!!To all you that thought otherwise. Your product sucked and you were willing to pay for shipping just as long as You were able to send me a new set. As for the post that was a few pages back about not seeing them on Northridge's website if I was a betting man you for sure won't now l was contacted by Northridge earlier and was told we contacted them and they said the same thing to us so being the company we are we are going to refund the full amount to you. So like a loyal customer while on the phone I dropped another grand along with credit and went with quality parts. I will be willing to bet all of you knew Northridge would make it right. My complaint to you is don't tell a customer one thing and do another....

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 11:06 AM

Where'd the Hulk go?

Some people do work for a living, and Northridge took care of me enough said

Mike2189 02-13-2013 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by RockYacht (Post 3427604)
Rodney, good morning.

From my perspective on this situation, we tried to make you happy - you choose not to accept our hospitality.

Let's give a little perspective on the whole story, shall we? You originally contacted us to purchase these sliders directly from T&T, then you orderred them from NorthRidge because they offered you "free shipping" - although you paid more to Northridge than purchasing direct from us... Our retail is $549.95, you said your invoice from Northridge was $599.99... So, we get a PO from Northridge and fulfilled the order to our customer - NORTHRIDGE - and drop shipped the part. Now when you had a problem with said part you call us direct, after discussing it with Northridge, we in our attempt to have customers satisfied with our product, decided to help you directly.

We offerred to have his set repaired right there in Florida at a Powder Coater of his choosing on our dime, OR we would send him a replacement set AND send a call tag for the defective part... You decided to not let us waranty our product.

After doing your "research" you decided to return the product for a refund, which is fine and your choice; however, you wanted to return them direct to us. You DIDN'T buy them from us and were informed that you need to work with NorthRidge and get things handled through them. All the while we were in contact with NorthRidge and told them how we were willing to resolve this - let us know how to procede... At this point our hands are tied. Meanwhile you choose to call multiple times directly to us - each time the subsequent conversation deterioating to more whinning, we informed you that you need to call Northridge for the refund . Per our conversations, we would refund Northridge when we recieved the sliders - this is standard operating procedure for any business. Northridge would then refund you. A little sidebar on refunds... Refunds from any credit card take 3-5 business days - it's just the way the world works. Now since there were two transactions involved in this sale, the timing took longer for you to recieve your refund.

T&T cannot refund your money because T&T never took your money. We were trying to make it right by getting you the product you ordered - either by replacing it or having it repaired in FL, you decided you no longer wanted the product. So to speed up the process we, T&T, sent a call tag to get the product back - on our dime, no charge to you. Our policy, as is most in the industry, is if you don't want the product you pay to ship it back. We waived that for you, provided you with a call tag to have them shipped back to us...

The question I have for you is, did you get your full $599.99 back from NorthRidge? If I were a betting man, I'd say no. You got your money back from NorthRidge, minus the shipping charge although they were shipped "free". Again SOP (standard operating procedure) in the industry, is that you the customer are responsible for the shipping on the return; however, didn't we provide the call tag at no charge to you for the return? The reason I feel this is a safe bet, is this post on the forum and every other forum you hid behind your keyboard and copied and pasted this rant on. Otherwise why would you be calling me and my company out on a public forum? You didn't get all your money back. But you did...

So why, would we provide you a call tag to return the product to us, in order to speed up the refund process on our dime???

Seems to me someone needs a Snickers. :D

Sincerely,
Robert Levenhagen, President
T&T Customs, Inc.

Oh, it is so good to see a company stand up for themselves and give us the rest of the story here. Wow though OP just got bitch slapped. Haha

Mike2189 02-13-2013 11:17 AM

You know I haven't purchased and TNT products, but this thread kinda makes me want to.

knightrohulk 02-13-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2 (Post 3427393)
who gives a shit. another mall crawler down. next

LOL! Hilarious!

whiskey_golf 02-13-2013 11:31 AM

You bought the sliders through Northridge.
You complained about the product directly to T&T.
T&T offered to make it right.
You said “Okay”, then you said “Not okay”.
T&T still took them back with no shipping charged to you.
Northridge refunded you in full.

You are not out anything. Please refer to your own signature.

CajunTiger 02-13-2013 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mike2189 (Post 3427723)
You know I haven't purchased and TNT products, but this thread kinda makes me want to.

LMMFAO....I was gonna post the samething earlier!!!!!!!!

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by whiskey_golf (Post 3427742)
You bought the sliders through Northridge.
You complained about the product directly to T&T.
T&T offered to make it right.
You said “Okay”, then you said “Not okay”.
T&T still took them back with no shipping charged to you.
Northridge refunded you in full.

You are not out anything. Please refer to your own signature.

You are completely correct i complained to the manufacturer of the product. Got my money back from great people who agreed with me and understood my side of it. All in all its done. Thanks for reading my signature!! Jeep on folks

jk_sea 02-13-2013 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love this place!

Attachment 421831

NewOldSchool 02-13-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mike2189 (Post 3427723)

Dammm... the Hulk needs a visit from Betty to calm down... :rotflmao2:.. Great Response TNT. Going over to check your stuff out.. i know it might not be the place but do you offer forum deals??? :yup:

CajunTiger 02-13-2013 11:44 AM

Where'd the Hulk go?

Captain America, from T&T, busted dat ass!!!!

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by NewOldSchool (Post 3427762)
Dammm... the Hulk needs a visit from Betty to calm down... :rotflmao2:.. Great Response TNT. Going over to check your stuff out.. i know it might not be the place but do you offer forum deals??? :yup:

Yeah they offer a 10% discount on all rusty accessories!!!

JJ_jk001 02-13-2013 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi (Post 3427702)

Some people do work for a living, and Northridge took care of me enough said

Haha enough said? Then why are you still bashing this company and calling them liars?! Maybe go back to work?

k0260 02-13-2013 11:46 AM

damn, harsh dude, some just can't be pleased.:thinking:

JJ_jk001 02-13-2013 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by CajunTiger (Post 3427770)

Captain America, from T&T, busted dat ass!!!!

Hahaha!! Awesome!

Cavallini03 02-13-2013 11:50 AM

I'm a little confused. You bought the sliders from Northridge but wanted TNT to refund you the money, or am I missing something?

You also stated in the first post there was a few spots missing in the powder coat around the edges, but that it wasn't TNT's fault, it was the shipping. So shouldn't you have at least touched it up a bit.

Plus surface rust really isn't a huge deal, give it a quick sanding and paint over it. My jeeps undercarriage had surface rust on it shortly after getting it because that's what happens, you don't complain to Chrysler about it. it's nothing you can't fix on your own with some rattle cans.

NewOldSchool 02-13-2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi (Post 3427771)
Yeah they offer a 10% discount on all rusty accessories!!!

Sweet!!.. I have a few cans of spray paint that I use to touch up the under belly of my rig when I get back from a wheeling trip. In this economy anything helps... :beer:

knightrohulk 02-13-2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by NewOldSchool (Post 3427796)

Sweet!!.. I have a few cans of spray paint that I use to touch up the under belly of my rig when I get back from a wheeling trip. In this economy anything helps... :beer:

X2, well said. I'm guessing this is CommandoRubi's first Jeep, so probably hasn't bought any touch up paint yet.

onsafari 02-13-2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi (Post 3427760)
You are completely correct i complained to the manufacturer of the product. Got my money back from great people who agreed with me and understood my side of it. All in all its done. Thanks for reading my signature!! Jeep on folks

So why in the hell are you in here bitching about how crappy of customer service TnT has? You got a full refund from the company you purchased the items from. Do you think TnT should give you extra back....you have zero understanding of how the system works. Do you go and buy things from Walmart and try and return them at Target?

You are a dumbass now go away and bitch elsewhere......damn troll

Brightwhite 02-13-2013 11:58 AM

Ok, enough about the rock sliders, we all know that was a bunch of crap. Now, lets hear TnT's side of the hemi story and the transmission left outside to rust, all because the guy was shopping around....

We know there's a good side to that one too!!! Let us hear it!

Mike2189 02-13-2013 12:00 PM

Maybe it had something to do with acid rain? Global warming? Depleting ozone? What else could we blame?

Softtailfreek 02-13-2013 12:04 PM

Had to subscribe to this thread!! This is great!!! Lmao

Brightwhite 02-13-2013 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mike2189 (Post 3427815)
Maybe it had something to do with acid rain? Global warming? Depleting ozone? What else could we blame?

Obama......

chevynolonger 02-13-2013 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brightwhite (Post 3427808)
Ok, enough about the rock sliders, we all know that was a bunch of crap. Now, lets hear TnT's side of the hemi story and the transmission left outside to rust, all because the guy was shopping around....

We know there's a good side to that one too!!! Let us hear it!

I'm with you on this one! I have a feeling another member is going to get a good bitch slap

Twisted1200 02-13-2013 12:05 PM

Wow. This single forum thread could be produced into 60 minutes of reality show awesomeness.

Brightwhite 02-13-2013 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted1200 (Post 3427824)
Wow. This single forum thread could be produced into 60 minutes of reality show awesomeness.

It would be better than jersey shore and snookie pissed that her Gucci sunglasses were rusting!

Bring on the hemi story! I'm starting a petition!!!!

stagedtrip 02-13-2013 12:15 PM

Subscribed to hear the rest of the hemi story

BlackRockBurner 02-13-2013 12:24 PM

An emotional customer but great advertising for two companies that tried to fix a problem even though the companies lost money. Flaming fellow jeepers on the forum wont help you when you need help on the trails.

Fugg it 02-13-2013 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner (Post 3427851)
An emotional customer but great advertising for two companies that tried to fix a problem even though the companies lost money. Flaming fellow jeepers on the forum wont help you when you need help on the trails.

I dunno, the rusty products and problems with powder coating would make me hesitant to drop $600 bucks on something. I can understand the ops frustration with buying something, doing some research after and then having a change if heart. sometimes it happens when you buy something on amazon and read the reviews after paying. fact is though that despite how either the company or the op handled it, the guy got a set of poorly powdercoated sliders, returned them and was then out of shipping money (I'm guessing $40-$50 in shipping? )
so no sliders, frustrated and $40-$50 less in his pocket to buy another set of sliders. I can understand. T&t was nice to offer to have them re powdercoated at a shop near him which I probably would have done, but again, it sucks to have to take them back off, schedule a powder coating appt and then try and figure out who gets paid and purchase orders or whatever. It's most likely easier to just get the money back and order a different set

BRUT4CE 02-13-2013 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2 (Post 3427393)
who gives a shit. another mall crawler down. next

Lmao....:beer:

I'll bet he paid for clear coat protectant on purchase.

finfreeze 02-13-2013 12:51 PM

Hey T&T, i hear you may have some sliders in your "scratch, dent & sometimes rust" bin.

What do you want for them? Rock crawling season is fast approaching here in the Rocky Mountains!

BRUT4CE 02-13-2013 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Fugg it (Post 3427878)
I dunno, the rusty products and problems with powder coating would make me hesitant to drop $600 bucks on something. I can understand the ops frustration with buying something, doing some research after and then having a change if heart. sometimes it happens when you buy something on amazon and read the reviews after paying. fact is though that despite how either the company or the op handled it, the guy got a set of poorly powdercoated sliders, returned them and was then out of shipping money (I'm guessing $40-$50 in shipping? )
so no sliders, frustrated and $40-$50 less in his pocket to buy another set of sliders. I can understand. T&t was nice to offer to have them re powdercoated at a shop near him which I probably would have done, but again, it sucks to have to take them back off, schedule a powder coating appt and then try and figure out who gets paid and purchase orders or whatever. It's most likely easier to just get the money back and order a different set

I agree with this but then there's a reason there's warranty on stuff things don't get done asap and not everything is full proof or immediate.
I'm waiting on back ordered km2 37s right now to replace some I have that are ripped....oh well at least its getting taken care of I'll drive on my other set till then...he doesn't need sliders to shop or cruise 4wheel parts parking lot I think he will be OK....

If I offered a valid warranty to a customer for a manufacturing issue that would correct it this is the approach old take, especially
Lay since they offered him another set PR powder coat, that's ALOT more than companies I've dealt with in some cases...

Sorry you don't like the product I don't blame you for being startled by reviews sometimes there's issues and people get purchase remorse...but look at what the real reason is and if they fix it let em, you obviously liked the product enough initially to buy it...

jk_sea 02-13-2013 12:53 PM

Did anyone here bother to go to the manufacturer's website and read the return policies and warranty?

I did.

Based on how the policies read, TnT didn't have to do anything, and those policies were existed and posted for viewing long before the OP ordered his stuff.