JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/do-not-do-business-tnt-customs-264204/)

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 07:22 AM

Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I live in Florida and saw these Sliders from TNT Customs online and thought they would work well on my new 2013 JKUR. Since I live in South Florida I decided to go order through Northridge4x4 due shipping costs and well I already order everything else from them anyway. I received them from TNT in good shape powder coated black with minor missing powder coat on pointed ends not their fault more of a shipping issue. Installed them and touched up pointed ends of sliders. Next day we had a rain storm lasting approximately 1 hour. I came home pulled vehicle in garage dried it off and went to bed. Next morning after having the slider for a total of 48 hours now I go to work and see rust over all welds and under step where it is welded to slider. I contacted TNT customs and was told we will do whatever it takes to make you happy this is an isolated incident and we are 99.9% sure you will be happy if we send you a new set and send call tag for old set or if you would like we will pay to have that sent re-powder coated. I said just send me new set. While waiting for them to make new set I did some research by just typing in rusty JK sliders and numerous posts about this issue came up. I called back and stated since doing further research I found this wasn't Isolated and I would just like these picked up and my account credited. Mary stated ok we will send a call tag and have them picked up. I bubble wrapped them and sent them back. I waited for them to credit NORTHRIDGE 4x4 and once I was notified by Northridge that they were credited but not for shipping. I called tnt and they stated you decided not to be our customer by not letting us send you a new set so someone has to pay for shipping. This was an inferior product not backed by the builder of product and was told that we would have paid to send you a new set and pin for return of new set but when you decided not to receive our product you are required to pay the shipping. Stay away from this company they run a poor business and customer service is HORRIBLE. Thank you to NORTHRIDGE 4X4 for stepping up to the plate and taking care of me.Attachment 421793

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 07:27 AM

Another pic

1 Attachment(s)
Mind you this is having them for a total of 48 hours with them being installed for only about 12 hours.

onsafari 02-13-2013 07:32 AM

Sounds to me they tried to solve the issue and make it right and you decided you didn't want them anymore. They are a VERY stand up company and I don't blame them for charging you for return shipping.

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 07:37 AM

Sounds to me like you are probably suckling from the Tnt teet. I'm sure you would love to put rusty sliders on your brand new vehicle. A good business wouldn't tell a customer this is an isolated incident when it wasn't obviously from the amount of posts i found on internet. I didn't want to receive another set that would do the same. FROM THE LOOKS OF YOUR TAG LINE YOU ARE A REAL STAND UP MAN!

mpkelley20 02-13-2013 07:37 AM

This is a tough one. First off, yes they did offer to make this right but you didn;t let them try. You just assumed that they are junk because you read some complaints online. How many people have them without issue?? I bet more than those with issues.

But I have to side a bit with the OP because he did receive a "defective" product and it should be in his right to send them back for a full refund.

I know every compnay is different for whatever product. Restocking fees, no return shipping paid, etc... are common especially if the item is something you don't want. However, with a defective product.....I say the customer is right.

Just sucks you didn't give them a chance to make this right with the new sliders. I know tons of people with TNT stuff and their stuff is bada** and tough as hell.

I have the LOD sliders and have fought with rusting issues since the day they went on my Jeep. Back then it was known that there were powedercoating issues with them but I didn't care. I knew that I'd be rattlecanning them often with bedliner from offroad damage. 3 years later and I'm pretty sure none of the original powedercoating is left but they still look great thanks to Rustoleum.

onsafari 02-13-2013 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi (Post 3427377)
Sounds to me like you are probably suckling from the Tnt teet. I'm sure you would love to put rusty sliders on your brand new vehicle. A good business wouldn't tell a customer this is an isolated incident when it wasn't obviously from the amount of posts i found on internet. I didn't want to receive another set that would do the same.

No I'm not noob....maybe do a little research other than what you find on Google about thier track record, quality of work and customer service.

How do you know that the isloated issues you ran accross in your Google search weren't from the same batch from the powder coaters that yours came from?

Just don't come on here and crack on a great company like that when they tried to fix the issue for you....

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by mpkelley20 (Post 3427378)
This is a tough one. First off, yes they did offer to make this right but you didn;t let them try. You just assumed that they are junk because you read some complaints online. How many people have them without issue?? I bet more than those with issues.

But I have to side a bit with the OP because he did receive a "defective" product and it should be in his right to send them back for a full refund.

I know every compnay is different for whatever product. Restocking fees, no return shipping paid, etc... are common especially if the item is something you don't want. However, with a defective product.....I say the customer is right.

Just sucks you didn't give them a chance to make this right with the new sliders. I know tons of people with TNT stuff and their stuff is bada** and tough as hell.

I have the LOD sliders and have fought with rusting issues since the day they went on my Jeep. Back then it was known that there were powedercoating issues with them but I didn't care. I knew that I'd be rattlecanning them often with bedliner from offroad damage. 3 years later and I'm pretty sure none of the original powedercoating is left but they still look great thanks to Rustoleum.

I see your point my issue was I had them for a very short time and yes they were defective in my book. My main thing is that if a company is going to willing pay for shipping to return the defective ones and then also pay for shipping of new ones to me from Wyoming to to Florida. Then surely they would pay for me to return the originals to them and issue me a credit. This day and age you can order anything online it is a company's customers service thats sets them apart from the rest. Say I did in fact accept a new set and they did the same thing that would have been return shipping twice and more of the companies money spent instead I decided to cut my losses as a unsatisfied customer.

Pluke the 2 02-13-2013 07:49 AM

who gives a shit. another mall crawler down. next

RodRecket 02-13-2013 07:51 AM

I gotta go with the other comments...sounds like they were going to try to make it right and I think you jumped the gun on canceling the replacement order because of what you read on the intraweb.
On the other hand I agree its a PITA to reinstall, but now you will never know if you wouldve been happy with the second set.
BTW, i have no affiliation with TNT, nor is my rig built with their parts, and im a pretty stand up guy.

Hey buddy, keep calm.

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by onsafari (Post 3427387)
No I'm not noob....maybe do a little research other than what you find on Google about thier track record, quality of work and customer service.

How do you know that the isloated issues you ran accross in your Google search weren't from the same batch from the powder coaters that yours came from?

Just don't come on here and crack on a great company like that when they tried to fix the issue for you....

Listen I am sure you have some ties to this company. I have chosen to write this after a long conversation where I was told I would receive a full refund and wasn't besides being lied to and being told if I do not accept a new set I am no longer considered by them to be a customer even though the credit had yet to be issued to me. Fact of the matter is I was told I would be credited the full amount to send back a product that wasn't right and was lied to. I AM NOT A NOOB Either I am new to this site after being back after years and several jeeps. I could care less if they sent me a new set or not I am the customer and if I was sent something inferior it should be my right to send back the product for a refund if I choose

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2 (Post 3427393)
who gives a shit. another mall crawler down. next

Really Mall crawler huh? That's what you bring to the table what did you define your jeep as when you drove it off the lot? Don't be a douche!!!

pwain 02-13-2013 08:05 AM

Yawn. I understand the need for folks to share their experiences, but I am getting tired of the over-reaction threads in the modified section. Wish there was a specific section for bitching and moaning.

Sucks to be disappointed. Hopefully you find something that works for you. :beer:

LeftHandRubi 02-13-2013 08:11 AM

I bet I am TnT's biggest customer. I don't "suck their tit". I like their products and use them. I know them well. They have done 5 rigs for me. All are good.

1. They are stand--up people. Yes I am a friend of theirs. I recommend them and thier products whole heartedly.
2. Shipping is always a tough one. I bet if you asked nicely you would have got it back. At least having the conversation with her in advance would have been a good idea. Ripping TnT isn't.
3. I did do the search for rust with sliders. Then search for TnT sliders and rust. I only found a few postings. So I think you are overstating the problem, and I do believe it is isolated. I did find a few post on rust on sliders, on one of them, they weren't TnT's although they looked like it. [Edit to be more clear] I did see a few postings about TJ sliders that had rust.
4. From the way you post you sound emotional. That doesn't help in obtaining good customer service.

Anyway, they are a good company. Perfect? No one is. But better communication would have led to less misunderstanding. Its too bad you had trouble.

Pat

4W-Jive 02-13-2013 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by onsafari (Post 3427370)
Sounds to me they tried to solve the issue and make it right and you decided you didn't want them anymore. I don't blame them for charging you for return shipping.

This. ^. Also, HULK ANGRY.

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi (Post 3427427)
I bet I am TnT's biggest customer. I don't "suck their tit". I like their products and use them. I know them well. They have done 5 rigs for me. All are good.

1. They are stand--up people. Yes I am a friend of theirs. I recommend them and thier products whole heartedly.
2. Shipping is always a tough one. I bet if you asked nicely you would have got it back. At least having the conversation with her in advance would have been a good idea. Ripping TnT isn't.
3. I did do the search for rust with sliders. Then search for TnT sliders and rust. I only found a few postings. So I think you are overstating the problem, and I do believe it is isolated. I did find a few post on rust on sliders, on one of them, they weren't TnT's although they looked like it. [Edit to be more clear] I did see a few postings about TJ sliders that had rust.
4. From the way you post you sound emotional. That doesn't help in obtaining good customer service.

Anyway, they are a good company. Perfect? No one is. But better communication would have led to less misunderstanding. Its too bad you had trouble.

Pat

The conversation I had with her was over a 2 weeks ago well ahead of this post. I also called this morning your friend Mary is a liar and has shitty customer service in the end. As far as being emotional money is money easy to speak when it isn't yours. Last if your internet skills keep you from finding all the posts that is not my problem.

jk_sea 02-13-2013 08:38 AM

Hey OP.... Keep calm and chive on, eh? :bounce green: (whatever that means...hopefully it means something like 'stay cool'.)

We know you're upset and you probably see your post as a friendly warning to anyone wanting to buy these products, but unfortunately it appears it's being received as a half-cocked rant. One of the missing connections here is you didn't give the company a chance to make it right. Deep breath...easier said than done, but will this matter a year from now?

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi (Post 3427400)
Listen I am sure you have some ties to this company. I have chosen to write this after a long conversation where I was told I would receive a full refund and wasn't besides being lied to and being told if I do not accept a new set I am no longer considered by them to be a customer even though the credit had yet to be issued to me. Fact of the matter is I was told I would be credited the full amount to send back a product that wasn't right and was lied to. I AM NOT A NOOB Either I am new to this site after being back after years and several jeeps. I could care less if they sent me a new set or not I am the customer and if I was sent something inferior it should be my right to send back the product for a refund if I choose

Originally Posted by jk_sea (Post 3427460)
Hey OP.... Keep calm and chive on, eh? :bounce green: (whatever that means...hopefully it means something like 'stay cool'.)

We know you're upset and you probably see your post as a friendly warning to anyone wanting to buy these products, but unfortunately it appears it's being received as a half-cocked rant. One of the missing connections here is you didn't give the company a chance to make it right. Deep breath...easier said than done, but will this matter a year from now?

Never lie to a customer last thing I need to post about this. Liars cannot be trusted obviously.

OverlanderJK 02-13-2013 08:42 AM

The only thing I see wrong with the sliders is there powdercoating. I would have taken the money and had them repowdercoated myself at a better shop. I don't see a problem with there sliders though.

And that isn't "rust all over". I have never done business with TNT and probably never will but calm down dude. Seems you are maybe in the wrong here and need to do a little more research.

onsafari 02-13-2013 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi (Post 3427457)
The conversation I had with her was over a 2 weeks ago well ahead of this post. I also called this morning your friend Mary is a liar and has shitty customer service in the end. As far as being emotional money is money easy to speak when it isn't yours. Last if your internet skills keep you from finding all the posts that is not my problem.

I think a lot of us are begining to think it's your attitude that is the problem here.......if you called me with this attitude I don't care who you are, what you bought or how much you spent. I would hang up on you and never do business with you again.

Runewolf1973 02-13-2013 08:53 AM

LOL..... Made in America, "quality you can rust".

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by onsafari (Post 3427477)
I think a lot of us are begining to think it's your attitude that is the problem here.......if you called me with this attitude I don't care who you are, what you bought or how much you spent. I would hang up on you and never do business with you again.

Im beginning to think if it was your money not being refunded you wouldn't mind getting screwed. My point is don't tell me we will give you a full refund and then not do that. I'm sorry what would you call that? Would you not find something wrong with that? That's my point. Listen man I was very nice on the phone and was understanding up to the point when i found out i wasn't getting a full refund.

Patman 02-13-2013 09:00 AM

OP- how many online instances did you find where rust was an issue? How many sliders has TNT sold? This may help you understand the word "isolated"

Also, while I understand your frustration (I have had similar situations), I also understand their position on not refunding your shipping cost. You bought a defective item, they then tried to make it right, but you decided you wouldnt let them and demanded a refund. To me, sounds like you got buyers remorse and wouldnt be happy with any scenario other than getting your money back. Maybe you need money for bills or whatever and decided you shouldn't have bought them to begin with

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 3427495)
OP- how many online instances did you find where rust was an issue? How many sliders has TNT sold? This may help you understand the word "isolated"

Also, while I understand your frustration (I have had similar situations), I also understand their position on not refunding your shipping cost. You bought a defective item, they then tried to make it right, but you decided you wouldnt let them and demanded a refund. To me, sounds like you got buyers remorse and wouldnt be happy with any scenario other than getting your money back. Maybe you need money for bills or whatever and decided you shouldn't have bought them to begin with

That's it I need money. I'm very poor and and have to buy diapers. Are you fucking kidding me

pwain 02-13-2013 09:15 AM

How did you order through NR4X4? I don't see any of TNT's products listed on their website. :thinking:

Runewolf1973 02-13-2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi (Post 3427485)
Im beginning to think if it was your money not being refunded you wouldn't mind getting screwed. My point is don't tell me we will give you a full refund and then not do that. I'm sorry what would you call that? Would you not find something wrong with that? That's my point. Listen man I was very nice on the phone and was understanding up to the point when i found out i wasn't getting a full refund.

I don't blame you for being upset like this. If you are not happy with the product, and it is rusting only 48 hrs after it gets out of the box, you should get a FULL refund no questions asked. Whether you want a complete refund, or want to give them a "second chance" is your own perogative. Seriously, all my bumpers and side armor are made in China...CHINA!!...and I have never had an issue with rust or workmanship. If they want to hold up to their reputation for their high standards and charge their high prices for their products, then these American companies need to get their shit together.

rays0852 02-13-2013 09:19 AM

You need to doze some b!tches like a true Brodozer. Rule at beer pong and smash some b!tches. Then you'll be good.

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973 (Post 3427522)
I don't blame you for being upset like this. If you are not happy with the product, and it is rusting only 48 hrs after it gets out of the box, you should get a FULL refund no questions asked. Whether you want a complete refund, or want to give them a "second chance" is your own perogative. Seriously, all my bumpers and side armor are made in China...CHINA!!...and I have never had an issue with rust or workmanship. If they want to hold up to their reputation for their high standards and charge their high prices for their products, then these American companies need to get their shit together.

Thanks man for looking at it from the other side. I know I am upset right now and most of these guys on here are all good people but it is very frustrating to deal with this over the phone and two time zones away sorry to the guys on here. Im still not happy but oh well

CommandoRubi 02-13-2013 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by pwain (Post 3427517)
How did you order through NR4X4? I don't see any of TNT's products listed on their website. :thinking:

Hum guess that gives you something to think about

pwain 02-13-2013 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by CommandoRubi (Post 3427536)
Hum guess that gives you something to think about

You sir, have hurt my feelings.

I demand a full refund. :rotflmao2:

Jester116th 02-13-2013 09:47 AM

I'm with the OP, they suck! I was going to have them do a Hemi install, i shipped a crate engine and transmission to them then they found out I was researching other shops they said they didn't want my business anymore and to come get my parts.
When I got there I found out they'd left my tranny outside in the weather unprotected. I had to replace it with a new one

Brightwhite 02-13-2013 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jester116th (Post 3427565)
I'm with the OP, they suck! I was going to have them do a Hemi install, i shipped a crate engine and transmission to them then they found out I was researching other shops they said they didn't want my business anymore and to come get my parts.
When I got there I found out they'd left my tranny outside in the weather unprotected. I had to replace it with a new one

Wow, there has got to be more to this story....what else went on for them to turn down a big install job and ruin your transmission?

RockYacht 02-13-2013 10:09 AM

From the owner...

Rodney, good morning.

From my perspective on this situation, we tried to make you happy - you choose not to accept our hospitality.

Let's give a little perspective on the whole story, shall we? You originally contacted us to purchase these sliders directly from T&T, then you orderred them from NorthRidge because they offered you "free shipping" - although you paid more to Northridge than purchasing direct from us... Our retail is $549.95, you said your invoice from Northridge was $599.99... So, we get a PO from Northridge and fulfilled the order to our customer - NORTHRIDGE - and drop shipped the part. Now when you had a problem with said part you call us direct, after discussing it with Northridge, we in our attempt to have customers satisfied with our product, decided to help you directly.

I contacted TNT customs and was told we will do whatever it takes to make you happy this is an isolated incident and we are 99.9% sure you will be happy if we send you a new set and send call tag for old set or if you would like we will pay to have that sent re-powder coated.
We offerred to have his set repaired right there in Florida at a Powder Coater of his choosing on our dime, OR we would send him a replacement set AND send a call tag for the defective part... You decided to not let us waranty our product.

After doing your "research" you decided to return the product for a refund, which is fine and your choice; however, you wanted to return them direct to us. You DIDN'T buy them from us and were informed that you need to work with NorthRidge and get things handled through them. All the while we were in contact with NorthRidge and told them how we were willing to resolve this - let us know how to procede... At this point our hands are tied. Meanwhile you choose to call multiple times directly to us - each time the subsequent conversation deterioating to more whinning, we informed you that you need to call Northridge for the refund . Per our conversations, we would refund Northridge when we recieved the sliders - this is standard operating procedure for any business. Northridge would then refund you. A little sidebar on refunds... Refunds from any credit card take 3-5 business days - it's just the way the world works. Now since there were two transactions involved in this sale, the timing took longer for you to recieve your refund.

T&T cannot refund your money because T&T never took your money. We were trying to make it right by getting you the product you ordered - either by replacing it or having it repaired in FL, you decided you no longer wanted the product. So to speed up the process we, T&T, sent a call tag to get the product back - on our dime, no charge to you. Our policy, as is most in the industry, is if you don't want the product you pay to ship it back. We waived that for you, provided you with a call tag to have them shipped back to us...

The question I have for you is, did you get your full $599.99 back from NorthRidge? If I were a betting man, I'd say no. You got your money back from NorthRidge, minus the shipping charge although they were shipped "free". Again SOP (standard operating procedure) in the industry, is that you the customer are responsible for the shipping on the return; however, didn't we provide the call tag at no charge to you for the return? The reason I feel this is a safe bet, is this post on the forum and every other forum you hid behind your keyboard and copied and pasted this rant on. Otherwise why would you be calling me and my company out on a public forum? You didn't get all your money back. But you did...

So why,

they run a poor business and customer service is HORRIBLE
would we provide you a call tag to return the product to us, in order to speed up the refund process on our dime???

Seems to me someone needs a Snickers. :D

Sincerely,
Robert Levenhagen, President
T&T Customs, Inc.

RockYacht 02-13-2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jester116th (Post 3427565)

You really want to go there? :yawn:

warpeg 02-13-2013 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by RockYacht (Post 3427604)
Rodney, good morning.

From my perspective on this situation, we tried to make you happy - you choose not to accept our hospitality.

Let's give a little perspective on the whole story, shall we? You originally contacted us to purchase these sliders directly from T&T, then you orderred them from NorthRidge because they offered you "free shipping" - although you paid more to Northridge than purchasing direct from us... Our retail is $549.95, you said your invoice from Northridge was $599.99... So, we get a PO from Northridge and fulfilled the order to our customer - NORTHRIDGE - and drop shipped the part. Now when you had a problem with said part you call us direct, after discussing it with Northridge, we in our attempt to have customers satisfied with our product, decided to help you directly.

We offerred to have his set repaired right there in Florida at a Powder Coater of his choosing on our dime, OR we would send him a replacement set AND send a call tag for the defective part... You decided to not let us waranty our product.

After doing your "research" you decided to return the product for a refund, which is fine and your choice; however, you wanted to return them direct to us. You DIDN'T buy them from us and were informed that you need to work with NorthRidge and get things handled through them. All the while we were in contact with NorthRidge and told them how we were willing to resolve this - let us know how to procede... At this point our hands are tied. Meanwhile you choose to call multiple times directly to us - each time the subsequent conversation deterioating to more whinning, we informed you that you need to call Northridge for the refund . Per our conversations, we would refund Northridge when we recieved the sliders - this is standard operating procedure for any business. Northridge would then refund you. A little sidebar on refunds... Refunds from any credit card take 3-5 business days - it's just the way the world works. Now since there were two transactions involved in this sale, the timing took longer for you to recieve your refund.

T&T cannot refund your money because T&T never took your money. We were trying to make it right by getting you the product you ordered - either by replacing it or having it repaired in FL, you decided you no longer wanted the product. So to speed up the process we, T&T, sent a call tag to get the product back - on our dime, no charge to you. Our policy, as is most in the industry, is if you don't want the product you pay to ship it back. We waived that for you, provided you with a call tag to have them shipped back to us...

The question I have for you is, did you get your full $599.99 back from NorthRidge? If I were a betting man, I'd say no. You got your money back from NorthRidge, minus the shipping charge although they were shipped "free". Again SOP (standard operating procedure) in the industry, is that you the customer are responsible for the shipping on the return; however, didn't we provide the call tag at no charge to you for the return? The reason I feel this is a safe bet, is this post on the forum and every other forum you hid behind your keyboard and copied and pasted this rant on. Otherwise why would you be calling me and my company out on a public forum? You didn't get all your money back. But you did...

So why, would we provide you a call tag to return the product to us, in order to speed up the refund process on our dime???

Sincerely,
T&T Customs, Inc.

Wow! Now we know the REST of the story.

onsafari 02-13-2013 10:16 AM

OH DAMN......... :clap:

afpilot82 02-13-2013 10:29 AM

Boom...and there's the rest of the story. To the OP, sorry it didn't work out for you but man-up and quit the bitch session. Certainly sounds like T&T was going out of their way to help. Coming on here and flaming them and nearly every person who has responded to your posting is childish to say the least.

4W-Jive 02-13-2013 10:30 AM

That. Was awesome. Good to see a company stick up for themselves against Whiney BS. Please sell me something :)

enwhypetey 02-13-2013 10:31 AM

I went and made some real popcorn :popcorn:

chaz14_9 02-13-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by RockYacht (Post 3427604)
Rodney, good morning.

So why, would we provide you a call tag to return the product to us, in order to speed up the refund process on our dime???

Sincerely,
T&T Customs, Inc.

This was awesome.

afpilot82 02-13-2013 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by RockYacht (Post 3427613)
You really want to go there? :yawn:

Now I want to hear the rest of this story too!