Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do you wave back??? What should be done to...

Old 08-08-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the 4 door jeeps should automatically be excluded from the jeep wave.

I think most cj/tj/yj owners already do this.

I will often have other older jeeps not give me any recognition at all till they get right up near me and see that I have a 2 door, then they will wave.

seems that many or most 4 door owners aren't "real" jeep drivers, meaning they haven't had jeeps before, and don't really care about jeeps they just thought the 4 door looked cute, or it was cheaper than a hummer or whatever. So they don't know the wave, and don't understand why people are waving at them, so they won't wave back anyway, why bother?

If a 4 door is modified, it would be excluded from the ban, since that person is more likely to be a "real" jeep driver.

Also, women should be excluded, they never wave back anyway.

this is all for initiating the wave. Anyone who waves should get the return wave, even if they aren't driving a jeep at all.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

QUIT WHINING AND WAVE
Old 08-08-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Some times my wife takes the Jeep to work and I drive her Mitsubishi Magna. Although I am not in a JEEP I instinctively keep waving at Jeeps . I keep getting the strange looks till I realize what is wrong with me.

Before we got the Jeep wifey was looking at a Peugeot 307CC. Now she wants a 2 door JK with big tires, bikini top and tube doors . Big win for me, as soon as we pay this one off I will have a 4 door tourer Jeep and a 2 door crawler Jeep .

Last edited by trbn8r; 08-08-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: bad spellings
Old 08-08-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Do you wave back??? What should be done to...

Originally Posted by leaky10
i live in a small town in the mid-west (Atchison, Kansas) with a hand full of Jeep owner. I have received a wave back from all but 1 and it is driving me f'in crazy. However, once i get anywhere near Kansas City the waves disappear. All a bunch of tiny-boppers driving mom/dad's carpool short bus. Do i need a 30x30 sign that says wave back a-hole?
Come to south KC. I'll wave at ya.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

This thread rocks!!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Wave on

When I notice a jeep I wave, as long as it is a CJ, TJ, YJ JK whatever... (no GCs, Libbies, Patriots etc...) Sometimes I see a Jeep too late. Sometimes I notice at the last second a Jeeper waving at me. Almost always it is some knuckledragger and not a "babe". If I miss a wave I appologize... I promise to "keep my head on a swivel" and not doze while driving anymore.

and yes I've caught myself waving at Jeeps from my wifes Odyssey... man the looks I get.

Quick Reply: Do you wave back??? What should be done to...