Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Does anyone make a decent Safari Top for the 2012 JK?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone make a decent Safari Top for the 2012 JK?

It seems the 2012 (and maybe the 2011) JK door surrounds no longer have the channel built in, so it appears all the available Safari Tops currently on the market attach to the roll bar instead of the door surround as they did in the past (well on the TJ anyway).

I recently purchased a BesTop Safari and Windshield Channel for my 2012 2 door JK. I am very disappointed in the fit and finish of this product. I had a BesTop Safari for my 2004 TJ and it fit great, even afforded a decent level of protection from rain because the top attached snuggly to the door surrounds. The new design is really poor, and the pieces that wrap around the roll bar are too big to fit with the door surrounds attached! I keep my top attached, so I want the ability to put it up and have it fully protect the interior of the Jeep from the elements if possible, so I don't necessarily want to remove the door surrounds just to install a Safari Top.

Do any of the current offerings of Safari Tops on the market have a decent one that will give a decent level of protection when installed on a 2012 JK, or am I out of luck thinking I'll find one that fit like it did on my TJ? Thanks for the help...

Quick Reply: Does anyone make a decent Safari Top for the 2012 JK?