Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

??Does it really take over 2 WEEKS??

Old 12-24-2008, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??Does it really take over 2 WEEKS??

Holly F%^k!!!

I know UPS just dont shut down till next year!! I ordered some parts yesterday and they shipped out the same day......But they are not going to be delivered till the F$%King 5th of Jan!!! Thats almost 3 weeks!!

Last edited by sacdaddy03; 12-24-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. I see the same thing. I ordered the EVO C2 gussets and lower control arm skids from Northridge yesterday. They shipped the same day. They're showing an estimated delivery of January 5th.

I have no idea how accurate that is. Doesn't really matter in this case to me. I'm in no hurry.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

usually from early dec till early Jan, they are HAMMERED with packages from every one and their mothers and their mothers canasta group. They are so heavily over loaded, that transit times are at their worst. only so many trucks/drivers to the load they have, so its batter of catching up to the backlogs. Also got to factor in that they dont do anything sat night/sun days, xmas eve/day and newyears eve/day. thats almost half a week there
Old 12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

I got a few friends that are drivers for UPS, so I know they get backed up...But 3 weeks??? Hell I'm thinking about taking the 10hr trip to TN and picking up the parts myself! Ive done a lot longer hot shot runs before....
Old 12-24-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it makes you feel better my winch was supposed to arrive today, but it got snowed in at Portland for 2 days. It arrived in town today at about 12:00 and when I called to see if I could come get it they said they didn't unload the truck yet. My response was that they scanned the package into their location saying it arrived. Then there was a long pause with them saying that it is against their policy to let someone pick up a package before the driver attempts to deliver it, so I will need to wait until the next ground delivery date of Monday.

There went my weekend plans since I don't want to install the bumper until the winch comes (and it was even supposed to be a balmy 40 out), and then the next weekend I need to go do Christmas with the family so who knows how long this will be sitting in the garage.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

You think that's bad? I ordered parts last Monday and called this past Monday to see where they were in transit... only to find out that they forgot to complete the order... They MIGHT have shipped yesterday... but may not ship 'till after the holidays. So much for Christmas wheelin...
Old 12-24-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sacdaddy03
I ordered some parts yesterday and they shipped out the same day......But they are not going to be delivered till the F$%King 5th of Jan!!! Thats almost 3 weeks!!
That's under two weeks if it comes on the 5th, not three. Still not good but not as bad as three weeks.

Richard

Last edited by Hitchhiker; 12-24-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

It's Christmas, what did you expect???

Sorry for the wait man. If it makes you feel any better, I have my JK sitting behind the dealership waiting for me. It's been there for like 2 or 3 months now. (I lost track) I haven't even touched my JK yet and I have between 3000 and 4000 dollars in parts just waiting to be put on. (haven't seen any of the parts yet either) I was supposed to fly out 5 days ago and the flight got diverted and used for other crap. I could have been home before new years. Now it's looking like I won't catch a flight out of the sandbox until after the new years.
Keep your head up. It could be worse.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Choppus;856536] It's Christmas, what did you expect???

Choppus, this is not intended to sngle anyone out, but I am amazed that our society has more and more individuals that not only let, but now expect businesses to over-promise and under-deliver. I thought the whole business plan of this company was to expedite shipping.

Last edited by Ripsnorter; 12-24-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: ??Does it really take over 2 WEEKS??