Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Does your clutch ?....

Old 08-10-2008, 10:17 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does your clutch ?....

Squeak when you press it?....I've brought my Jeep to the dealer to have the "squeal/ sneaker sound TSB" looked at and they can't find anything wrong but today I decided to follow Gunny's suggestion that it may be a hydraulic line rubbing off on some shield and had my son step on the clutch as I was under the JK to see if I saw anything rubbing and sure as HEK, the sneaker sound is coming from pressing the clutch while the engine is off....is that normal???..I've never noticed it before but now I will go back to the dealer and ask them as well if it's a Jeep thing or a TSB thing...anyone experience this?..... thanks..., the wife was looking online at the RDX's and I would hate to give in after I've become so attached to the Jeep...damn and the RDX owners don't have the wave going on....
Old 08-10-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

ok, mine was squeaking and it was driving me insane but then i found a thread with the fix. it was indeed my clutch hydraulic line rubbing on the heat shield. popped the hood, bent the shield with my thumb a little and bam, it was fixed. thank gawd
Old 08-11-2008, 06:08 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
ok, mine was squeaking and it was driving me insane but then i found a thread with the fix. it was indeed my clutch hydraulic line rubbing on the heat shield. popped the hood, bent the shield with my thumb a little and bam, it was fixed. thank gawd
I can't seem to find this line...would you or someone else care to show me with either a pic or an schematic?....thanks I'm going nuts....

Quick Reply: Does your clutch ?....