Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Doing stuff to my stock 2007 X

Old 11-17-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doing stuff to my stock 2007 X

I'm trying to come up with some thing to do for my stock 07 4dr JK. I wanted to get soem ideas were to start with it. I was hoping to get some ideas thrown at me with whats good to start with like lift tires suspension etc..
Old 11-17-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alien10
I guess it would depend on your budget and also what size lift/tires you want to run.
my budget is not huge. and i dont know what sizes would be good for me. I want to do some 4x4 and trails. but i still have to use it a my daily driver.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's always recommended that if you recently purchased your JK that you use it till you know what you want to use it for.

i spend 90% of my time browsing the faq's listed at the top of the modified section.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
it's always recommended that if you recently purchased your JK that you use it till you know what you want to use it for.

i spend 90% of my time browsing the faq's listed at the top of the modified section.
Thanks, I'll take some time and read up on the FAQ and figure things out...
Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

This is my daily driver. Lifted 2 1/2" with 33's and a Superchips Flashpaq. I get 17 mpg+ on the freeways. It's enough lift to get over most anything but not too high where it's going to cause issues.
Tires $800
Budget Boost lift $150 and a friend installed it
Painted rims $25
Front bumper $500
Winch $300
Kongo cage and roof rack $800

It all depends on your budget.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Christine
This is my daily driver. Lifted 2 1/2" with 33's and a Superchips Flashpaq. I get 17 mpg+ on the freeways. It's enough lift to get over most anything but not too high where it's going to cause issues.
Tires $800
Budget Boost lift $150 and a friend installed it
Painted rims $25
Front bumper $500
Winch $300
Kongo cage and roof rack $800

It all depends on your budget.
This might be a stupid question but what does the superchip do?

right now i think i wanna get some mirror relocation brackets and something to carry me snowboards. Important thing i need to get are new tires for it. I have the factory 18" rims on it now Whats a good tire to get for it?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

The superchips allows you to adjust the Jeeps computer. You can change the tire size and gear ratio so your speedo is correct, you can add performance tunes for different octane gas, a tune for towing, etc.

If you have the bug to start changing things like I did, start small. I did mirror relocation brackets and a CB before anything else. As I knew what I wanted to do, I order lift and tires, bumpers, bedlined the interior and a bunch of other things I can't remember.

Start small and work your way to the big stuff is my advice.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Noyod ...: If you're going to increase tire size, consider new wheels (unless you plan to go to 37s with those 18s!). And, even if you go to 37s, you'll need more backspacing, so you'll either need new wheels or wheel spacers (otherwise you'll be rubbing rubber and metal). But, more important than that right at the moment is what type of wheeling do you plan on? If you're going to be mudding, then tires may be most important. If you're going to be going on the rocks, you may want to spend a couple dollars on some quick disconnects, and a little protection underneath--Woods evaporative canister relocation, Woods steering stabilizer relocation, diffy cover (I like Riddlers), and the Rancho Rock Hard oil pan protection (there are competing approaches/manufacturers for each of those things; I'll let other owners of suitable products chime in with their own suggestions). Most of that is a hundred or two dollars here or there--nice stuff to get started without having to sink $1000-2000 into lift/tires/wheels/programmer. Of course, replacing the stock SRA tires (if that's what you still have) will help when you go off-road. But, they can work in a pinch if you want to defer more expensive mods for a while.

And don't forget recovery gear! Not exactly a mod, but you should carry some.

Quick Reply: Doing stuff to my stock 2007 X