JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Don't get the Wild Boar/angry eye grill craze... (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/dont-get-wild-boar-angry-eye-grill-craze-336111/)

MarbleheadGuy 08-12-2016 05:50 AM

Don't get the Wild Boar/angry eye grill craze...

Hey all, just curious of others opinions. Seems like all of a sudden up here on the NH Seacoast every JK around has installed a wild boar or similar angry eye grill. Even the local dealerships are putting them on their modded rigs for sale. To me, it looks goofy and trying too hard to look tough. Also the front and grill of a Jeep is the most iconic part, why would you want to make it look totally different?

Gman*2007 08-12-2016 06:24 AM

I agree with you, but to each their own.

icrashbikes 08-12-2016 07:23 AM

Personal Preference. That said, it is not my preference. I'm also surprised it's as popular as it is.

UKCRD 08-12-2016 07:54 AM

I'm doing an eagle eye modded grille on mine next week for no other reason than I've owned my heavily expedition modded JK since 2009 and having done all the practical mods I need and then some so I just thought I'd try a slightly different look. That said, I've only seen one JK here in the UK with any form of a grille mod and that was in pics on FB.

Zroe 08-12-2016 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 654415

I like mine. Sometimes people get things just for looks. Who cares what people put on their Jeeps. Jeeps are meant to mod however the owner wants.

Spank 08-12-2016 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy (Post 4238109)
Hey all, just curious of others opinions. Seems like all of a sudden up here on the NH Seacoast every JK around has installed a wild boar or similar angry eye grill. Even the local dealerships are putting them on their modded rigs for sale. To me, it looks goofy and trying too hard to look tough. Also the front and grill of a Jeep is the most iconic part, why would you want to make it look totally different?

This is what happens when you don't change the general exterior look of a vehicle for a decade. People start itching for something new, even if it's the Wrangler. Nobody had these goofy things on their JKs a few years ago, yet they've been around for quite some time and I am seeing them everywhere now.

MarbleheadGuy 08-12-2016 08:22 AM

Wow yeah that is a really good point, I think you're spot on.

Originally Posted by Spank (Post 4238145)
This is what happens when you don't change the general exterior look of a vehicle for a decade. People start itching for something new, even if it's the Wrangler. Nobody had these goofy things on their JKs a few years ago, yet they've been around for quite some time and I am seeing them everywhere now.

kaptkrappy 08-12-2016 10:06 AM

The price of them has dropped significantly so that is probably one reason.

They are all over Ebay about $60. and up.

Canvas 08-12-2016 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am actually looking into getting a set of these for my Jeep. :rotflmao2:

Attachment 654422

RenegadeUL13 08-12-2016 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy (Post 4238109)

Couldnt agree more. Get ready for a shit storm of hater comments though. But im with you. I think its hideous and blasphemous.