Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Don't get the Wild Boar/angry eye grill craze...

Old 08-12-2016, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't get the Wild Boar/angry eye grill craze...

Hey all, just curious of others opinions. Seems like all of a sudden up here on the NH Seacoast every JK around has installed a wild boar or similar angry eye grill. Even the local dealerships are putting them on their modded rigs for sale. To me, it looks goofy and trying too hard to look tough. Also the front and grill of a Jeep is the most iconic part, why would you want to make it look totally different?
Old 08-12-2016, 06:24 AM
JK Junkie

I agree with you, but to each their own.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Personal Preference. That said, it is not my preference. I'm also surprised it's as popular as it is.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm doing an eagle eye modded grille on mine next week for no other reason than I've owned my heavily expedition modded JK since 2009 and having done all the practical mods I need and then some so I just thought I'd try a slightly different look. That said, I've only seen one JK here in the UK with any form of a grille mod and that was in pics on FB.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3486222777.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	429.9 KB
ID:	654415

I like mine. Sometimes people get things just for looks. Who cares what people put on their Jeeps. Jeeps are meant to mod however the owner wants.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
Hey all, just curious of others opinions. Seems like all of a sudden up here on the NH Seacoast every JK around has installed a wild boar or similar angry eye grill. Even the local dealerships are putting them on their modded rigs for sale. To me, it looks goofy and trying too hard to look tough. Also the front and grill of a Jeep is the most iconic part, why would you want to make it look totally different?
This is what happens when you don't change the general exterior look of a vehicle for a decade. People start itching for something new, even if it's the Wrangler. Nobody had these goofy things on their JKs a few years ago, yet they've been around for quite some time and I am seeing them everywhere now.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow yeah that is a really good point, I think you're spot on.

Originally Posted by Spank
This is what happens when you don't change the general exterior look of a vehicle for a decade. People start itching for something new, even if it's the Wrangler. Nobody had these goofy things on their JKs a few years ago, yet they've been around for quite some time and I am seeing them everywhere now.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price of them has dropped significantly so that is probably one reason.

They are all over Ebay about $60. and up.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I am actually looking into getting a set of these for my Jeep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eyelashes on jeep.png
Views:	389
Size:	717.7 KB
ID:	654422
Old 08-12-2016, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
Couldnt agree more. Get ready for a shit storm of hater comments though. But im with you. I think its hideous and blasphemous.

Quick Reply: Don't get the Wild Boar/angry eye grill craze...