Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Door surrounds bestop or smittybuilt

Old 09-02-2020, 07:37 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Door surrounds bestop or smittybuilt

I'm thinking about a safari bikini top, looking at a bestop, they have different ones.
To start with, mine is a hard top, so I have to get a few parts to make it work.
One of their tops require door surrounds, one doesn't, the one that doesn't needs a header, the other has a built in header but needs surrounds, anyway, looking at surrounds, bestop has for a little over 300, shittybuilt has for about 120,
My gut feeling says go with bestop, but is there that much difference in the two brands to spend the extra cash? Or is it worth it and less headaches in the long run to spend it, or is the cheaper set ok to use.

So many things to spend money on and so little to spend😀
Old 09-03-2020, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 358 Likes on 334 Posts

HI, all I can provide is went with a Bestop NX complete top, came with surrounds, easily remove the rear window and side window and have a bikini top. Top even folds back for sunroof, NO Leaks fits good with the surrounds that came with the top,, yes we went with their TOP of the line model. I have MOPAR Bikini top and no surrounds leaked a bunch the surrounds are vital.
The following users liked this post:
Dat (09-03-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 04:56 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

That is an option I didn't think about, probably the best way around

Quick Reply: Door surrounds bestop or smittybuilt