Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

doorless mirrors

Old 09-07-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doorless mirrors

Now that it is getting ready to cool down I have taken my doors off. Only problem is that I must have side mirror(s) to be legal. Does anyone have any suggestions and pics of doorless mirrors. I would prefer ones that fit in the door hinges so that I can pop them right on but am open to any and all suggestions.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is all over the forum but a lot of people go to a Harley shop and get some for pretty cheap and they fit in the hinges
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using HD mirrors for two summers. I've had my doors off since May. They'll get you by and are probably the best bang for the buck. I have a set of the new Rugged Ridge mirrors on order, since July 1st. Last I heard, Quadratec would have them in stock the middle of this month.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Used Lange quick release II (mount to windshield) and was happy with them. They also make another version (quick release I) that sit in the upper door hinge. Pretty sure they are the same except for the mount.

Olympic also makes a set I think (run cheaper). A set of these is only slightly more then one of the Lange mirrors.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a set of those harley mirrors on a JK last weekend and they look real good, fit right in the hinge.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought the mirror brackets from die-tech, they reuse your factory mirrors from your jk doors. Pretty good an didnt vibrate at all. Good buy
Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

i have the rugged ridge and most of the summer used them since june, doorless, but don't really like the fact the the passenger side is pretty much useless cuz the dash blocks most of it(only thing they do is make you legal).... some suggest a cheap "all angle" mirror but i don't like that look....

i'm looking for alternatives.....
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HD mirrors and some DIY brackets....check out my other post.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post2500982

Old 09-08-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

I took the mirrors off the doors and my friend made me some metal brackets. They work great. due to weath wont be taking doors off again soon but will take a pick of the brackets soon.

Quick Reply: doorless mirrors