Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Doors off first time.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors off first time.

Well I went cruising around with my doors off for the first time the other day. This is my first jeep and the first time i've driven with no doors in any vehicle. I have to say it was a little strange at first but I love it. Feels great to see the road going by right there beside you. I will be doing this every chance i get!

Click image for larger version

Name:	no doors.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	153711

On the down side I did scratch the passenger door with my belt taking it off. This sucks but since i'm in the Autobody business It won't be too much trouble to polish it out. Live and learn, next time I will have to be more careful. Things to remember when taking doors off: Say no to; belts, keys and lighters in your pockets ha ha. And an extra set of hands makes this a lot easier.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Green-man
...I will be doing this every chance i get! ...
Trust me, this is an addiction you'll never get tired of - it's more fun when you have the top and doors off . Enjoy. And as far as scratches and nicks go, it's a Jeep - gives it character
Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just you wait, once you get scratches from going through the bush, you brag about the scratches.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup it is addicting as hell i took em off again today and the freedom tops. just haven't had a chance to get the rear top off yet, I haven't had an extra set of hands for that but soon.... Its going to be one awesome summer.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Green-man
Yup it is addicting as hell i took em off again today and the freedom tops. just haven't had a chance to get the rear top off yet, I haven't had an extra set of hands for that but soon.... Its going to be one awesome summer.
Get you a bikini/safari top and a trail cover for those days when you may have unexpected showers, and run the JK all summer long with the top and doors off - it is truly an amazing feeling
Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's nothing else like it... I like to let my left foot hang while I'm driving.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Get you a bikini/safari top and a trail cover for those days when you may have unexpected showers, and run the JK all summer long with the top and doors off - it is truly an amazing feeling
Originally Posted by trmason
There's nothing else like it... I like to let my left foot hang while I'm driving.
I have had my foot up on the door sill it's nice to feel the extra wind on ya Also I was looking into one of those bikini top deals with the windjammer and dust cover for the rear.They look pretty cool plus we get some pretty random weather in alberta so gotta be prepared for anything. Just can't wait for the 30 above weather, no doors, no top and cruising nowhere in particular just driving.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have some advice for what it's worth.
ALWAYS be sure to hook up the nylon strap as soon as you rehang the door.
DON'T shut it and plan to hook it up later. If you do you will have a nice mirror dimple on your fenders.
I know because I have a cute dimple on mine, and it's a real pain to repair.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Agreed!

Originally Posted by bpohio
I have some advice for what it's worth.
ALWAYS be sure to hook up the nylon strap as soon as you rehang the door.
DON'T shut it and plan to hook it up later. If you do you will have a nice mirror dimple on your fenders.
I know because I have a cute dimple on mine, and it's a real pain to repair.

...x2!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default funny

This is so funny. Here in Phoenix AZ, I have been driving topless for 5 months.... Im actually regretting putting the top back on in a week or so as the temps will be hitting 110+ very soon....

Quick Reply: Doors off first time.