Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

drifting my JK

Old 03-27-2008, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...what and you didn't have time to take video of this event??
Old 03-27-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tackindy
Me: "Judge..... there were seven of them and just me and my female friends. When two of them jumped on the rear bumper I thought they were trying to get in and I fear for my life and the safety of the girls!"

Judge: "Sir they were shot and ran over several times how do you explain that?"

Me: "Its a Jeep thing... you wouldn't understand."

That just made my morning, hahaha
Old 03-27-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

loving the comentary.....
Old 03-27-2008, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

So... uhh.... what happened with the ladies later that night.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tackindy
Me: "Judge..... there were seven of them and just me and my female friends. When two of them jumped on the rear bumper I thought they were trying to get in and I fear for my life and the safety of the girls!"

Judge: "Sir they were shot and ran over several times how do you explain that?"

Me: "Its a Jeep thing... you wouldn't understand."

tooooo true
Old 03-27-2008, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Exclamation

Well first of all....these gangstas were Hispanic, which is what I associate when I think of the word gangsta. I was just using monkey as a colorful adjective, but I can think of what that connotation would have meant if I lived in Atlanta and not West Texas. But my reasoning is that if you act like an animal than...pickle you if I hurt your feelings when describing you!

Second, the night wasn't ending how I envisioned with the ladies....but you win some & you lose some (and thats what I get for messing with an ex).

Third, if one of those little bastards had gotten run over, I could have said he was carjacking me. I would have loved to hear them tell their version of the story to police. And I wasn't impaired to the point that I didn't have a keen awareness of their location (I am NOT denting my Jeep).

Fourth, I am an old man (35)...I don't get drunk - a nice buzz, but not drunk. By the time police would have arrived, sorted out the mess, asked for a DUI test - I would have been stone cold sober. Plus, I would have insisted on a blood test at the station (another 45 min to an hour delay & my legal right). Yes, i know that seems like a lot of trouble, but this old salt has learned that YOU NEVER let your guard down with anything in life and that you afford yourself EVERY SINGLE OPTION AVAILABLE to you at the time.

Finally, the stock pizza cutters 225/75R16s really did a great job drifting! Seriously! I was pleasantly surprised. Plus I need an excuse to buy new tires anyways.

Last edited by citizennobody; 03-27-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

Don't forget a new bumper.... foot prints you know.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by seer1
Don't forget a new bumper.... foot prints you know.
I actually haven't dropped a dime on my JK and I have had her for a year. She does great offroad.

But I have been thinking of getting a RUBI. I travel alot and need a road trip ready vehicle. If I put money into the X I might go over board and make her roadtrip unfriendly. Plus, I want satellite radio, cruise control, GPS, and power windows etc...stuff I don't have on the X.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

You handled it better than me either I would have busted a cap or run someone over intentionally. By what you have said I think you are from Texas and am suprised you did not do the same. Also the laws governing what response would have been allowed from you are less restrictive and you might not even spent any time in jail or court over this one.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
You handled it better than me either I would have busted a cap or run someone over intentionally. By what you have said I think you are from Texas and am suprised you did not do the same. Also the laws governing what response would have been allowed from you are less restrictive and you might not even spent any time in jail or court over this one.
I would have rather gotten into a fight...more gratifying. But like that comedian said, "I didn't know how many of them it was gonna take to kick my arse, but I knew how many they were gonna use!"

Quick Reply: drifting my JK