Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Drivers legroom?

Old 04-17-2016, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers legroom?

Alright so I have already done a search and most things that have come up aren't what I'm looking for. I'm 6'7" anyone notice a difference between the 2 door and four door drivers seat legroom? Obviously I would sit with the seat all the way back and as low as it would go. Just wondering if there is a difference given that there is a 20" difference in length.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alsadi94
Alright so I have already done a search and most things that have come up aren't what I'm looking for. I'm 6'7" anyone notice a difference between the 2 door and four door drivers seat legroom? Obviously I would sit with the seat all the way back and as low as it would go. Just wondering if there is a difference given that there is a 20" difference in length.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you get more Leg room in a 2 Door because the seat can slide back further.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

I'm not 6' 7", but I'm 6' 4". I have a four door with plenty of leg room and head clearance. I can't imagine it would be a problem for you.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alsadi94
I am 6'5 and just traded my 4 door 2012 for a 2 door 2016 HR. IMO the driver seat position is exactly the same for both.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'9" so I feel your pain Google "big boy brackets" it will change your life.
Moves the seats back 2" in a 4door and 4" in a 2 door. I love mine!
Old 04-17-2016, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mds22
I'm 6'9" so I feel your pain Google "big boy brackets" it will change your life.
Moves the seats back 2" in a 4door and 4" in a 2 door. I love mine!
Do the "big boy" brackets lower seat too?
Old 04-17-2016, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nothing6699
Do the "big boy" brackets lower seat too?
no not at all, but they don't raise it like the original ones did (so I read). But with the seat all the way down and how I sit I don't hit my head sometimes moving around my HAIR may rub the sound bar. Once again I'm legit 6'9"
Old 04-19-2016, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Everybody wants to be tall but don't know that the struggle is real, I'd rather be 6'3" lol. Hey thanks for the info. It's better than having to sit in the back seat. Lol
Old 04-19-2016, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

You guys are making me feel like a midget here hahaha. I'm 6'4 and can't imagine trying to find a vehicle that will accommodate your height well. I have a two door and one thought that comes to mind on moving the seat back is that you will be putting yourself in a huge blind spot. With my seat all the way back as I need it I have to lean forward to get a full view out the drivers door and I think the two door is worse than the four door with this issue. Just one thing to consider.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Its-a-JK
You guys are making me feel like a midget here hahaha. I'm 6'4 and can't imagine trying to find a vehicle that will accommodate your height well. I have a two door and one thought that comes to mind on moving the seat back is that you will be putting yourself in a huge blind spot. With my seat all the way back as I need it I have to lean forward to get a full view out the drivers door and I think the two door is worse than the four door with this issue. Just one thing to consider.
That's also what I was thinking is that when you move it back you're right there where that blind spot is

Quick Reply: Drivers legroom?