Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Driving lessons

Old 07-03-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving lessons

My daughter is 14 and in a few weeks she starts drivers ed classes. Once they get their permit they are required to log 50 hours with a licensed driver in the car.

To try to get a jump on things I decided to start letting her drive the Jeep on the forest service roads. I simply put it in 4-Lo and 6th gear and away we go. It won’t go any faster than 25 mph, and if she stalls it all she has to do is turn the key and we start rolling. She's still getting used to the routine of the clutch and shifting but all in good time.

She’s fairly short and it’s funny to see her behind the wheel but it has been fun so far. Only 48 hours to go.

Beel
Old 07-03-2008, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

hahha I can totally relate right now. I am 21 and I just bought a 98 TJ 4 cylinder stick. Having the hardest time switching from 1st to second gear. I stalled like a billion times and got honked at on the road :( lol
Old 07-03-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm 21 too... I've had it for almost a year and I still stall my JK like once in every two week period. I blame the computer, the 3.21 gears, and the fact that my last two 4x4s were automatics (88' 4Runner and '97 Grand Cherokee). It's gonna be even harder tomorrow with my new Rubicon wheels on!

It's everyone's fault but mine!

Quick Reply: Driving lessons