Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dust in the gauges?

Old 08-11-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dust in the gauges?

How are the gauges on the new Jeeps as far as getting dust in them? Most of the Jeeps I have had in the past got dust in the gauges because of the dusty roads I drove deer hunting. I bent more than one needle try to get them cleaned out. Anyone have any experience with this problem. Can they be sealed to prevent this problem?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default no problem so far.....

Hey GRIZZ- I'm about .8 of a mile off the paved road, hell of a lot of dust going in and out every day. In almost 9 months, NO dust in the guages. I too watch for this, my last jeep needed 'em cleaned out every year...
Old 08-12-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No dust on the inside of the gauges so far in RubyDoo and she gets wheeled quite often bakini topped or topless.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
Hey GRIZZ- I'm about .8 of a mile off the paved road, hell of a lot of dust going in and out every day. In almost 9 months, NO dust in the guages. I too watch for this, my last jeep needed 'em cleaned out every year...
Thanks for the heads up. It's good to see they have made some improvements. I used to spend hours try to get mine cleaned out. I like nothing better than driving old logging roads about five miles an hour in a T shirt on a warm morning without a soul in sight. I haven't been able to for the last several years but I used to go up in the mountains by myself for 2 or 3 weeks and I just loved it.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
Thanks for the heads up. It's good to see they have made some improvements. I used to spend hours try to get mine cleaned out. I like nothing better than driving old logging roads about five miles an hour in a T shirt on a warm morning without a soul in sight. I haven't been able to for the last several years but I used to go up in the mountains by myself for 2 or 3 weeks and I just loved it.
Your description reminds me of the Blue Ridge parkway/Skyline Drive here in Virginia. Me and the bride will get off the parkway onto paralell fire roads down in the wods, drive for miles and miles, no other traffic then come out at a trailhead onto the paved road. Sometimes so FOGGY you have to stop and listen for tires on the wet roadway 'cause you can't see NOTHING....It's like Jeepin' in the clouds
Old 08-14-2008, 11:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I've got about 14,000+ miles on my Rubi. Lots of that was spent on very dusty mountain roads. Sometimes the dust deep and is fine like face powder. So far so good, no dust in the gauges.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Default no dust on me either!

i've had mine for 10 months and drive a dusty road every morning. lotsa dust ON the dash w/the top down, but none in the cluster/guages so far! i think it's pretty good. my 05 F150, now there was a dusty puppy. but it was a work truck.

Quick Reply: Dust in the gauges?