Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dynatrac :(

Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatrac :(

The tabs on the pinion yoke were not milled to the same width so consequently the u-joint won't fit.
Guess I'll be calling Dynatrac in the morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-658782628.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	348557

Last edited by HLKSTER; 08-01-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch that sucks, its quiet obvious too :(
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope- not obvious at all and it only needs to be off by a couple of thousands to cause an issue. This is the second one we've had. We'll take care of it. Call me in the AM.

Scott
425-917-2361
Old 08-01-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Nope- not obvious at all and it only needs to be off by a couple of thousands to cause an issue. This is the second one we've had. We'll take care of it. Call me in the AM.

Scott
425-917-2361
Old 08-01-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank goodness or great customer support. It's not just putting out a great product but standing behind it and helping the customer. This buds to you Dynatrac!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynatrac

Scott
425-917-2361
Scott,
It was pretty obvious to me because the u-joint wouldn't fit, looks like 1-2 mm off to me. Was wondering if you do a test fit before sending them out?
I appreciate the quick response and will call in the morning.
Thanks!!!
pm'd

Last edited by HLKSTER; 08-02-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Dynatrac continued

-Ok so last Friday I received my second yoke from Dynatrac and the U-joint on the driveshaft I got from JE Reel still would not fit in between the yoke tabs!!! ( so now I have bought two yokes from Dynatrac neither of which work )...
-Scott from Dynatrac suggested that maybe there was a problem with the U-Joint so I called JE-Reel and ordered a third yoke.
-Yesterday the Yoke from JE-Reel showed up and guess what, the U-joint fits perfectly between the yoke tabs!
-FYI Jim at JE-Reel was very helpful i highly recommend his product and customer service.
-I called Dynatrac and needless to say Scott was pretty much blown away. I felt like I should have been offered something for my troubles, maybe a discount on my 4500.00 rear end that I had to RnD to get to work. But no such luck.....
What i learned?
1) The most expensive does not always mean the best or its perfect
2) Dynatrac gets their yokes from someone else and they obviously do not have quality control and they do not test fit there product
3) you cant tell Dynatrac there is something wrong with there product and actually have them believe you until you take it on your own to prove otherwise.
4) DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE REST OF THE REAR END?! I had future plans for a pro-rock 44....
5) Jim at JE Reel Rocks

Last edited by HLKSTER; 08-08-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1309080289.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	351519

Top two are supplied from Dynatrac
Bottom is from JE-Reel

Jim at JE-Reel had a good suggestion.
Maybe Dynatrac should get there yokes from him
Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

"( so now I have bought two yokes from Dynatrac neither of which work )..."

This would seem to imply Dynatrac charged you for the second yoke?

I understand your frustration. But quality control issues do crop up now and then even with the best of vendors. I once had ARB send me in succession three Ford 9" air lockers that would not lock. They were certain it was an installation issue on my end, but kept sending new ones to rule out a locker issue. Turns out it was a manufacturing defect in a brand new model of the ARB. They sent one that worked, and all was right with the world.

Resolving your issue in a timely fashion seems to be important to Dynatrac. And trolling for a discount on your axle purchase seems best left to PM's with Dynatrac?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think what he said was "trolling" for a discount, just stating what most people would think. He put in there that they customer service was pretty good, but I don't blame him for wanting some type of discount for the difficulties.
If a vendor has a production issue, it's on them to make it right and correct deficiencies. We pay vendors to deliver working products for our Jeeps, if that doesn't occur then their needs to be some action on their end to correct the customer's inconvenience.
Just my .02

Quick Reply: Dynatrac :(