Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Electrical Haywire!!! JK Went off the deep end!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical Haywire!!! JK Went off the deep end!!!

I was just stopping by the liquor store to grab some man sodas for the evening and when i got back out to my jeep and turned over the key........ nothing. It was hilarious because the windshield wipers were trying to go and moving very slowly. I had pretty much every light in the dash flashing and codes like done, fuse, and mixed symbols showing where the odometer usually appears. So i pulled the negative and gave it a minute, and tried that a couple times with no success. Luckily enough for me, a block away was a auto parts store. So i yanked out the battery and waddled myself down there. Sure enough my factory battery was pushin a whole six cold cranking amps. Picked up a new one and back on the road in forty minutes. Thought i would share the story, I am really glad it didn't happen yesterday when i was out hitting some trails a few miles from the nearest paved road. That would have been a terrible situation.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some times the Jeep gods are smiling upon us.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:17 PM
JK Jedi

Man.....I hear so much about batteries going bad. How old was yours? Does it get pretty hot in your neck of the woods? I only ask because I have to wonder if the majority of the batteries go because of heat? You all know that it doesn't get very hot here in AK. and I rarely have had any battery problems. I mean I have a battery in my 89 F250 that is still going....even after being frozen once or twice. Weird huh? Either that, or they must not be making batteries like they used to....
Old 10-16-2010, 02:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Battery upgrade

Is what I am getting for my battery being dead. My wife went to start mine, Im in Afghanistan, and nothing. I just smiled, sounds like I finally get the battery I wanted!

Quick Reply: Electrical Haywire!!! JK Went off the deep end!!!