Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Employee Discount

Old 04-18-2007, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperKrawler
side air bags are an extra option ($490) so your base price will be more than $29,500.
yeah i included the price in the 27264 it includes side air bags and jeep green color.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

1% under factory invoice is called the 'Supplier' discount and they're supposed to show you the paperwork after you give them your control number of course. I work for Union Pacific who ships most of chryslers vehicles and we are able to use the supplier discount twice in a calendar year.
Yeah I have the control number in my wallet

We can also use it twice a year.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, so I went to two more dealers today and no luck. One said that they couldn't even place an order for an unlimited Rubicon, and the other said they could but didnt know when I would get it and would probably get an 08 model. They both quoted me the same price $30, 417 (every option except side airbags) w/ supplier discount. MSRP was $33,715. Saving almost $3,300 dollars , waiting till god knows when to get it
Old 04-18-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

aaholland,

Good luck in getting one. I work for FedEx and we get the same deal. I could not find a dealer that would give me the Supplier discount without ordering one or only on a softop model on the lot (not Rubi). I called all over the midwest to find one and when I did no dealer would give me the discount. I was finally lucky enough to find a large volume dealer that wanted to sell it quick and only 250 miles away. They delivered it the next day for only $150. Good luck!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

They still make money on these Affiliate Rewards programs. They get a kickback from DCa fter you close and take it home. It amounts to about $600 for the dealer and the salesman combined.

Please keep in mind you DO NOT have to pay any additional fees (other than DMV, tax, and insurance). That means no Processing fee (which is usually typed on the bill of sale, as if they have to add it to anything regardless of the circumstances. The tried to charge me $400 processing. I called the affiliate rewards program right there and handed the phone to the salesman, who then had to confer with his boss.

End result- 1% under invoice plus $75, and tax.

I did have to go to a five star delaer to find one that had any experience with the Affiliate rewards program. You can buy off the lot, or order, with no restrictions, despite what some dealers say (F*** You, Williamsburg Jeep)
Old 04-19-2007, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I talked to another Jeep dealer who is a client of mine, and they said they could not even order a Rubi or Sahara. I would have to wait for an 08 model. I asked the dealer I ordered my Rubi from, and they called DC while I was there, DC said that all "sold" orders should be processed and built, but I am still waiting for confirmation.
As for the 1% under, I have the paper work, and it's 1% under plus 75 bucks, nothing else!!

The dealer I ordered from just got a Sahara in optioned exactly the way I ordered my Rubi, if I get stiffed on my Rubi order, I may buy the Sahara.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
They still make money on these Affiliate Rewards programs. They get a kickback from DCa fter you close and take it home. It amounts to about $600 for the dealer and the salesman combined.

Please keep in mind you DO NOT have to pay any additional fees (other than DMV, tax, and insurance). That means no Processing fee (which is usually typed on the bill of sale, as if they have to add it to anything regardless of the circumstances. The tried to charge me $400 processing. I called the affiliate rewards program right there and handed the phone to the salesman, who then had to confer with his boss.

End result- 1% under invoice plus $75, and tax.

I did have to go to a five star delaer to find one that had any experience with the Affiliate rewards program. You can buy off the lot, or order, with no restrictions, despite what some dealers say (F*** You, Williamsburg Jeep)

Yep, finding a high volume dealer is the key. I called the affiliate rewards program and they told me that unfortunately the dealers can refuse to honor the discount b/c they're privately owned.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cmb396
I talked to another Jeep dealer who is a client of mine, and they said they could not even order a Rubi or Sahara. I would have to wait for an 08 model. I asked the dealer I ordered my Rubi from, and they called DC while I was there, DC said that all "sold" orders should be processed and built, but I am still waiting for confirmation.
As for the 1% under, I have the paper work, and it's 1% under plus 75 bucks, nothing else!!

The dealer I ordered from just got a Sahara in optioned exactly the way I ordered my Rubi, if I get stiffed on my Rubi order, I may buy the Sahara.
Will you loose your $500 deposit if you don't buy the Rubi?:sad:
Old 04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will you loose your $500 deposit if you don't buy the Rubi?:sad:
Did not have to put down a deposti!!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well thats the first I've heard, b/c evey dealer I've been to (in three different states) has required a deposit on an ordered vehicle.

Quick Reply: Employee Discount