Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

End of year deals

Old 12-08-2006, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default End of year deals

Sorry to post so many new threads at once, but I have one last question for now,
Is it likely that I would be able to get a better deal in the next few weeks, right before the end of the year than I would be able to get if I waited untill the end of January. My wife and I decided we would get the new JK at the end of January, but I talked to a dealer and they said that I would be able to save a lot of money by doing it at the end of the year, because they are trying to hit their numbers for the year and because after the new year, they have to pay more tax on the ones they still have on the lot. I wasnt sure if there was any truth to that or not. Anyones opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

I think he's full of it..

they are selling like crazy, I really dont see them giving deals out.

The dealers around here dont care if they piss people off or not, The one salesman said, "the jeeps sell themselves we dont have to do anything"
Old 12-08-2006, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

An "End of Year" deal on next years model....hmmm Maybe next year?:confused:
Old 12-10-2006, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, I bought mine at the end of November, and the salesman told me that he couldn't have given me the same deal at the beginning of the month. I think there is some truth to the end of the month incentives for dealers to sell cars. I got mine for $300 over invoice, which for a hardtop Sahara in CA I thought was a very fair deal for such a hot item. I think if you hit the right dealership at the end of December you may be likely to get a littler better deal than if you bought now. Just my opinion of course.

I had heard a rumor on this forum just before I bought that there were strong dealer incentives so I think my salesman was working for that.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

I went and saw a Sahara on 12/1 and told the sales guy I've my price target (invoice), to which he said, "we were calling everyone we could last night because we were one car short of making our numbers, I can tell you for a fact that they would have given you this for whatever you wanted last night. If we would have hit the numbers we would have gotten $70,000 from the factory." He may have been inflating that number a bit, but meeting the year end or month end numbers for dealers is a big deal. I plan on doing my shopping on 12/30-12/31
Old 12-11-2006, 07:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kidjeep
Well, I bought mine at the end of November, and the salesman told me that he couldn't have given me the same deal at the beginning of the month.
I'm in the exact same situation -- bought November 28th or something, the guy said (unprompted) that they were trying to boost their numbers for November so he gave me a very similar price to kidjeep's. I too felt like it was a good deal considering how fast these things are flying off the lots. When I was endlessly waiting for my ordered JK to arrive, I read a lot about dealer allocation -- the rush to sell in November makes sense to me given that (I think) the volume for a given month determines future allocations.

Who knows if he was just blowing smoke, but I went in saying "I'm buying today if you can do this price..." so he had no incentive to rush me.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

yea I too have herd of the "numbers'' thing...I think it's more of a "quota" thing if the dealership hits a certian ammont of sales they get a bonus so if your sale is close to them making the quota yea they will give you a better deal than if there was no way they would make there quota...but I think it's a monthly thing not a yearly thing ??

Quick Reply: End of year deals