Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Error codes

Old 04-04-2014, 12:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error codes

So, got in the Jeep this morning and had the MIL light on. Pulled out the Flashpac to see what was up...got the following errors codes:

P0457 Loose gas cap: I put on a new lockable gas cap and apparently it's not sealing properly. I put the stock one back on and the error code won't go away. Oh well...put back on the lockable one for now.

P0456 EVAP System Small Leak: Do I need to worry about this or is this because of the gas cap?

B162C and B1634 - Left low light and high beam control circuit high: I'm assuming because I installed HIDs, that this is triggering something or am I wrong about that?
Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chief_Airborne
So, got in the Jeep this morning and had the MIL light on. Pulled out the Flashpac to see what was up...got the following errors codes:

P0457 Loose gas cap: I put on a new lockable gas cap and apparently it's not sealing properly. I put the stock one back on and the error code won't go away. Oh well...put back on the lockable one for now.

P0456 EVAP System Small Leak: Do I need to worry about this or is this because of the gas cap?

B162C and B1634 - Left low light and high beam control circuit high: I'm assuming because I installed HIDs, that this is triggering something or am I wrong about that?
If your stock one was working fine before you replaced it and you are still getting this code after putting the stock one back on. I would check the evap canister and the vacuum lines to it. Most likely it's the gas cap, but who knows.

Did you put the stock gas cap on and reset the code with the Flashpaq?

I'm not sure about the headlight code but I could see the HIDs having something to do with it. Which HIDs did you go with? I'm torn between headlight options.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canibeat
If your stock one was working fine before you replaced it and you are still getting this code after putting the stock one back on. I would check the evap canister and the vacuum lines to it. Most likely it's the gas cap, but who knows.

Did you put the stock gas cap on and reset the code with the Flashpaq?

I'm not sure about the headlight code but I could see the HIDs having something to do with it. Which HIDs did you go with? I'm torn between headlight options.
No...when I cleared the DICs, it was with the lockable cap. That code is no longer there after I cleared it, but when I start up the Jeep, it gives me a reminder on the dash that my gas cap is loose.

I went with these HIDs...very happy with them.

Jeep® Lights - Cat Eye - HID - Light Conversion - CAT H13 - Fortec® Hassle Free HID Head Light Conversion Kit for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler JK and other Jeep Wrangler Parts, Jeep Accessories and Soft Tops by FORTEC
Old 04-20-2014, 02:09 AM
JK Newbie

Was also getting evap error messages P0456, and reoccurring Gas Cap message and engine mil lights . Replaced gas cap and ESIM with no luck. Finally tried the Linear Purge Valve 4891731AA part. All fixed for mil lights, gas cap error message ...

Last edited by RocSki; 04-20-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah...I got mine fixed. I bought another locking gas cap and my codes went away.

Thanks,
Chief

Quick Reply: Error codes